Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
It's been tough. Want vs. need and desire to do the right thing. If it wasn't for the high heat in mountains and deserts I would have taken a different approach. As it is everything worked out.

Define “the right thing”?

I guess i’m an unapologetic apex predator.

Beings with sentience (humans) get treated politely and fairly. (To my own detriment often)

Animals (even social animals) are separated from Humans by the stimulus- response differentiation.

Humans = choice is inserted between those.

Animals = do not choose. (Only ingrained habitual “learning” but there’s still no “thinking” going on there. )

Sweep the nest out onto the ground right before the ride and move on with life.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I understand your question. I had options I could have taken including "sweeping the nest out" or calling fish and game to relocate or to let it nest. If I lived in Alaska my view may have been different. If I was born 100 years ago my choice may have been different. If I was starving and needed the food source my choice may have been different.

Legally- It is illegal to disturb an active nesting site and they are a protected species. With that it mind the adult Mourning Dove is a gamebird in certain states. I've even heard that Dove eggs are a delicacy.

I chose to allow the Dove to nest. The "right thing" IMO is allowing the squabs to hatch and grow to adults. I'm certainly OK with hunting. My choice and I'm OK with that. I respect your choice.

If this were a rat or snakes nest (for example) the eggs and parents would be dead.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I understand your question. I had options I could have taken including "sweeping the nest out" or calling fish and game to relocate or to let it nest. If I lived in Alaska my view may have been different. If I was born 100 years ago my choice may have been different. If I was starving and needed the food source my choice may have been different.

Legally- It is illegal to disturb an active nesting site and they are a protected species. With that it mind the adult Mourning Dove is a gamebird in certain states. I've even heard that Dove eggs are a delicacy.

I chose to allow the Dove to nest. The "right thing" IMO is allowing the squabs to hatch and grow to adults. I'm certainly OK with hunting. My choice and I'm OK with that. I respect your choice.

If this were a rat or snakes nest (for example) the eggs and parents would be dead.
👍 well said...............fu€k snakes!!!😂😂

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
It's time to close this bird-brained thread. This morning the squabs have flown the nest. Everything cleaned up, like new. Moving forward I won't allow that to happen again. I have it covered up until I go out locally and in ~ 2 months it will reside in my garage in Baja.

Last pic 20210720 072840

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!