futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
This process has been confusing for this first-timer; mostly the terminology, I guess. Tennessee says I need to buy a hunting license to ride buggies there. Sure, that makes perfect sense to label it that way!

For the vets, do I have this correct? As a non-resident who will be riding three or more days and doesn't want an annual option, I need to purchase license number 072 (good for seven days) and also license number 093 (good for 1 yr.)?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This process has been confusing for this first-timer; mostly the terminology, I guess. Tennessee says I need to buy a hunting license to ride buggies there. Sure, that makes perfect sense to label it that way!

For the vets, do I have this correct? As a non-resident who will be riding three or more days and doesn't want an annual option, I need to purchase license number 072 (good for seven days) and also license number 093 (good for 1 yr.)?
Lic. #'s 072 & 093 is all you need, $ 84.52 Call them for Vet discount questions.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Smitty!
By 'vet', I meant those that have done Takeover before. Huge respect to military veterans! Appropriate respect to T.O. vets . . . :)
HA! But they'll sure send you reminders for linc for next year. I get to buy my life time hunting and fishing line next year here in Arkansas. Does that mean I'm getting old?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Yes #72 & 93 and you're good to go for 7 days. The reason for hunting permit is this is a WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA the trails are for hunter access. Trail riding is permitted, feel free to buy the High Impact Permit for $38 per day vs. hunting permits for $84 for 7.

Make sure you select the correct dates at checkout or the permits effective the date you buy it.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Yeah, I know. I just find it unnecessarily confusing. Just me, maybe. Regardless, I look forward to enjoying the beauty of TN! Have boated on several of your lakes, but first time in the woods there.

Tread Lightly . . .

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Amateur tip: When purchasing your hunting licenses, be sure to input your active dates. THERE IS NO PROMPT. Don't ask me how I know. Was trying to knock it out before crashing for the night.

Anyone else ever goofed like me? I see no way to contact them.

C

coleman4868

Amateur tip: When purchasing your hunting licenses, be sure to input your active dates. THERE IS NO PROMPT. Don't ask me how I know. Was trying to knock it out before crashing for the night.

Contacting them is useless anyway. Once you buy something from TWRA, it’s yours, end of story.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I emailed them to make sure they would send my license by mail and they responded fairly quickly.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Great customer service is alive and well at the TWRA!
Much appreciation for fixing my screw-up . . . even returned my voicemail after business hours. Gotta love that Southern hospitality.
Good Old Rockytop!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!