The Southern Gulf Off Road Park Status??

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anybody know the status of the The Southern Gulf Off Road Park? I saw the press release several months back. Just wondered if there was any new news. @Delton @drfubar

Reactions: sharp
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
j
Here is a FB page talks about it.
Southern Gulf Off Road Club
Yes sir I ran across that too. However, I think that is just a group that formed. They don't appear to be associated with the actual off road park. I hope they get something going soon if they haven't already. I'd love to see that place turn into something cool.

Reactions: drfubar and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a couple of clubs involved with this project. They haven't done any real work towards completing it yet. Still some legal issues trying to get trail access basically. My supervisor is a member of one of those clubs. He keeps me up to date when they make progress. I'll pass along anything I find out.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
There's a couple of clubs involved with this project. They haven't done any real work towards completing it yet. Still some legal issues trying to get trail access basically. My supervisor is a member of one of those clubs. He keeps me up to date when they make progress. I'll pass along anything I find out.
Thanks @Delton please keep us in the loop if you don't mind. I'm looking forward to them getting something going.

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @Delton please keep us in the loop if you don't mind. I'm looking forward to them getting something going.
Absolutely. They're supposed to have improved parking, public restrooms and even some nice camping. Can't wait to see it finished. That is a beautiful bunch of trails.

R

rc4bama

Sep 23, 2018
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea we ridein coalmont on a regular basis. Theres some good riding up there for sure

Reactions: Delton and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to do another summer ride there. All that water is awesome when its hot. Plus i gotta have another shot at that waterfall.
Hell yes that sounds like a plan! By summer i plan on knowing alot of those trails. We gotta hit bear pen next time. Supposed to be killer ruts

R

rc4bama

Sep 23, 2018
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hell were ridin there sunday. Come on theres gonna be a group of us. A bunch of us is meeting in McMinnville sunday morning at 6am were going from coalmont to the caves

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell were ridin there sunday. Come on theres gonna be a group of us. A bunch of us is meeting in McMinnville sunday morning at 6am were going from coalmont to the caves
Warren county? Im sure you know Yankee on here then? Im probably done riding for the winter. Already partially tore down for new cage and tube rear section. Guess i could throw on that ugly azz oem cage lol

R

rc4bama

Sep 23, 2018
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Warren county? Im sure you know Yankee on here then? Im probably done riding for the winter. Already partially tore down for new cage and tube rear section. Guess i could throw on that ugly azz oem cage lol

Dont know anyone on here. Yea im in good ole warren county.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Delton im just waiting for you to post up the official HondaSxS.com ride at the grand opening of the southern gulf off road park.
Too late this year maybe but don't let it slip too long!

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton im just waiting for you to post up the official HondaSxS.com ride at the grand opening of the southern gulf off road park.
Too late this year maybe but don't let it slip too long!
Man i aint heard squat about it lately. And my supervisor at work has the inside scoop. We dont need no friggin park to ride. I got a 20+' camper with oil heater and 22 acres of camping ground right here at home. You just say when buddy.
Honestly, that place would be perfect for a Takeover if they ever get rv sites going. I know theres enough acreage for all those rigs, its just the amenities holding it back.

Reactions: ohanacreek and lee
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anybody heard anything yet, I had heard about it before it was mentioned on here.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
From a friend’s Facecrack post on Wednesday

Coalmont OHV Park Logo Contest
Background: The city of Coalmont, Tennessee purchased 1,330 acres of land in October 2017 using Federal Recreational Trail Program (RTP), motorized trail funds for an Off-Highway Vehicle Park located in southeast Grundy County. The intent and purpose for purchasing these tracts was for natural resource protection and the development of an off-highway vehicle park with a sustainable trail system.
. In January 2019 the City receiver an RTP construction grant to build the park. They are currently contracting an Engineering firm to design the trail head, obtain required permits, build a bath house and septic system. The parking area, most of the utility work, camping areas, the pavilion and trail construction will be done by SFWDA volunteers. We hope to start construction this summer. If you would like to see the exact location of the park enter “Coalmont OHV” into google maps.
This new park needs a logo, it should: be legible on a 4-inch logo, include the park name (Coalmont OHV Park), as this park will be open to all motorized OHV’s a specific brand or model vehicle should not be the major object of the logo.
Designs need to be submitted to [email protected] by April 2, 2019. Designs will be judged at the April 8th Park Board Meeting and the winning designer will receive an annual pass to the park and City sponsored events when the park opens. The Park Board reserves the right to reject any or all submissions. All submissions become the property of Coalmont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!