BOX1

P700 Thinking of getting elka's

J

Jules083

Oct 3, 2021
Richmond OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Been reading a lot about the various used shocks that fit our 700's. Seems like you're halfway to the cost of buying elka stage 1's, and you still have a shock that's going to be 5 years old with some time on it.

Any thoughts? Seems like it's a buy once cry once kind of thing, might as well just spend the money and go for it.

J

Jules083

Oct 3, 2021
Richmond OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Pic from the last trail ride. Little dude was getting bounced around for sure, a little plushness would be a welcome improvement.

20211003 141100

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been reading a lot about the various used shocks that fit our 700's. Seems like you're halfway to the cost of buying elka stage 1's, and you still have a shock that's going to be 5 years old with some time on it.

Any thoughts? Seems like it's a buy once cry once kind of thing, might as well just spend the money and go for it.
I have Elka's. What I like about Elka is they ask you when you order about your accessories and the weight you normally carry and set the shocks up accordingly, one time deal.

J

Jules083

Oct 3, 2021
Richmond OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have Elka's. What I like about Elka is they ask you when you order about your accessories and the weight you normally carry and set the shocks up accordingly, one time deal.

Are they really that much better?

I rode in a friend's stock rzr1000 last weekend and it was amazing on bumps. Wonder how a pioneer with elkas would compare?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Are they really that much better?

I rode in a friend's stock rzr1000 last weekend and it was amazing on bumps.
Completely different machines to compare with. Suspension articulation on RZR is suppose to ride that way. Your P7 is utility not sport fist and formost. You can upgrade the suspension preferably a "valved" shock fox Elka to name a few that will dramatically help your machine but very difficult to get it to be like that RZR. I'd get some good shocks and remove that rear sway bar ASAP, and if u want to get it a bit better then get u some upraded A arms NOT a bracket lift.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jules083

Oct 3, 2021
Richmond OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Completely different machines to compare with. Suspension articulation on RZR is suppose to ride that way. Your P7 is utility not sport fist and formost. You can upgrade the suspension preferably a "valved" shock fox Elka to name a few that will dramatically help your machine but very difficult to get it to be like that RZR. I'd get some good shocks and remove that rear sway bar ASAP, and if u want to get it a bit better then get u some upraded A arms NOT a bracket lift.

Yeah, I know I'm compared apples to tomatoes here. Rear sway bar is disconnected already.

I know I'll never get the same high speed plusness as a rzr, but to get there on the low speed stuff would be great.

A arms are a bit more than I want to get into with this thing

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A arms are a bit more than I want to get into with this thing
Then your not going to really get there on a low speed level. Close but not quite. With all i have on my P1, I still wonder if my fillings are going to fall out at times lol

Sounding like you need to sell that P7 and get u a talon! Alot not all of P7 owners upgrade eventually cuz of that capability factor wants vrs needs

Last edited:
  • Haha
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know my p7 isn't a rzr. Just wondering how the ride will be compared to one at lower speeds.
The RZR will ride better at all speeds no matter what shock you install on your P7, but it won't be able to catch you in the tight trails. Accessory shocks will make a big difference though.

Reactions: Remington
J

Jules083

Oct 3, 2021
Richmond OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
The RZR will ride better at all speeds no matter what shock you install on your P7, but it won't be able to catch you in the tight trails. Accessory shocks will make a big difference though.
I'm ok with that. Thanks

J

Jules083

Oct 3, 2021
Richmond OH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Then your not going to really get there on a low speed level. Close but not quite. With all i have on my P1, I still wonder if my fillings are going to fall out at times lol

Sounding like you need to sell that P7 and get u a talon! Alot not all of P7 owners upgrade eventually cuz of that capability factor wants vrs needs

My paid off P7 sounds a lot better to me than a talon payment at the moment. Lol.

I'm ok with the capabilities of my P7. Just want it to stop beating me up so bad.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My paid off P7 sounds a lot better to me than a talon payment at the moment. Lol.

I'm ok with the capabilities of my P7. Just want it to stop beating me up so bad.
Then buy a set of really nice shocks for the machine to start out and get that Poo Poo or your friends you rode in out of your mind lol

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Shock upgrade is one of the the best mods in my opinion. I have had very low mileage can am commander shocks and now have elka. The elka are rebuildable but I would not spend the money if I could find very low hr can am commander shocks.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!