Thoughts on 21 pioneer 500

R

rad0032

Mar 17, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I’m looking into getting a 2021 Pioneer 500 for my first Honda sxs. My main concern is noise level in the cab. I owned a used 2011 teryx for a little while and the noise to me was unbearable. No way to have a conversation any faster than 15-20 mph. I don’t expect any sxs to be quiet at wot but I find myself cruising at a max speed of around 25 mph and would like to be able to have a comfortable conversation with a passenger at that speed. Just wanted to get some p500 owner’s opinion on this matter. Thanks in advance for the help.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
I’m looking into getting a 2021 Pioneer 500 for my first Honda sxs. My main concern is noise level in the cab. I owned a used 2011 teryx for a little while and the noise to me was unbearable. No way to have a conversation any faster than 15-20 mph. I don’t expect any sxs to be quiet at wot but I find myself cruising at a max speed of around 25 mph and would like to be able to have a comfortable conversation with a passenger at that speed. Just wanted to get some p500 owner’s opinion on this matter. Thanks in advance for the help.

it’s noisy, they all are..best way to find out is with a test drive and decide what works for you, I wear a helmet when I ride so discussion is kept to a minimum anyway

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’ve ridden in 3 Talons, all three were/are painfully noisy to me. The Talon’s noise is a high pitched gear whine. I won’t be riding without hearing protection, even with my helmet.

R

rad0032

Mar 17, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
As stated, none are quiet but there are things that can be done to help quiet them down.
I’ve looked at your thread about the heat/sound shield and am interested in purchasing one. When would your next batch of them be available for me to purchase. I think I posted a message to you on your profile yesterday about ordering one but I’m not sure if I posted it in the right spot. Your shield used in conjunction with a silent rider muffler sounds like it would reduce noise a good bit. Do you have any experience with those mufflers yourself?

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Turn on the tunes and kill two birds with one stone...😂

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well your sitting on an engine with little to no shielding protection, open doors, windows etc. hard to keep away from the noise. There a UTV and ur not going to get quietness. Maybe some shooting muffs or ear plugs when riding? Or like @trigger has, a BA stereo to mask most of the noise. Or a jeep or golf cart. The pioneer will be quieter than a teryx by far but u really meed to take one for a ride to find out.

Reactions: trigger and rad0032
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve looked at your thread about the heat/sound shield and am interested in purchasing one. When would your next batch of them be available for me to purchase. I think I posted a message to you on your profile yesterday about ordering one but I’m not sure if I posted it in the right spot. Your shield used in conjunction with a silent rider muffler sounds like it would reduce noise a good bit. Do you have any experience with those mufflers yourself?

I can send you a shield whenever you're ready. As for the Silent Rider, I ran one for about 45 mins and took it off. If you're just putting out to a deer blind or something it would be alright but if you're trail riding it robs power. I ended up sending it back and went the opposite direction, put on an HMF muffler to let it breathe better.

R

rad0032

Mar 17, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I can send you a shield whenever you're ready. As for the Silent Rider, I ran one for about 45 mins and took it off. If you're just putting out to a deer blind or something it would be alright but if you're trail riding it robs power. I ended up sending it back and went the opposite direction, put on an HMF muffler to let it breathe better.
I would like to order one. Just let me know how to get you paid. Thanks!

Reactions: trigger
PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500
I will say that I noticed an immediate difference when I first started my 500 with the Trigger Shield deployed. It takes the edge off for sure.

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
I've got the rubber mats and some rugs, windshield and rear window and really don't notice the noise especially below 20mph.

Reactions: rad0032

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!