Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
The Honda glass will scratch, but I’m pretty hard on mine. It is nice,would do it over and buy mud flares earlier.

S

Spk85215

Dec 24, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought one from MotoArmor. Haven’t got it yet.

I

Irgu4u

Nov 22, 2020
OHIO
Ownership

1. Talon X
Does anyone else find it a little suspicious that the web page on the Zilla one does not show the manual wiper mechanism? "A manual windshield wiper is also included at no extra cost."

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I like that Zilla one. It at least opens so you can get some air in. I wish a glass one was made like the SuperATV where you can open the window a few inches or almost all the way up.

Reactions: NMSPIONEER
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I like that Zilla one. It at least opens so you can get some air in. I wish a glass one was made like the SuperATV where you can open the window a few inches or almost all the way up.

I’m leaning toward the zilla one too. I like how the whole bottom opens up for air and the price. The only thing that concerns me is that the framework looks like it’s made in four pieces and is bolted together versus the other ones look like a one piece frame which I think is stronger. Don’t know if it really matters tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the UTV-801 unit. Well built and the separate vents are a bonus. Wife and I sometimes don't agree on temperature so I can open my vent and she can leave hers closed (or vice versa).

Another inconsistency about the Zilla unit is the vent latch/knobs. Some pictures only shows 1 on the driver side but the pics of the back side shows 2. If there are in fact 2, you will have a hard time loosening/adjusting the passenger side one if you are short and strapped in. My UTV-801 unit has 2 adjusters. If I want to open the passenger side vent, I have to loosen my shoulder straps to get to the passenger side adjuster and can barely reach it (and I am 6' 4" and have very long arms).

Reactions: Stilly1155
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
As with my RZR's, I have always run half poly windshields. They keep the wind off my face but I can still see over them after they get dirty. My buddy always runs fulls and they stay filthy. He's always having to stop at water crossings to clean. We are always in tight woods and I'm afraid I'd bust a glass windshield on a limb!!

Reactions: Smitty335
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where and how you ride is another big consideration...

I've had my full glass windshield for around 1000 miles and have had to stop and clean it twice. Out west, we don't get that much mud and I avoid it if I possibly can. It's all rock, dirt and sand and the dust/dirt just doesn't stick to a glass windshield like it does to plastic. If you get a light film, you can literally blow it off if needed (or go 40+ and it will blow off by itself)

Not many tight woods here either and even if it does get hit and break, it is laminated auto safety class and won't shatter. Just pull the rubber trim and take it out if it breaks and get it replaced at any glass shop.

We ride the dunes going 50+ mph in as low as 25 degree weather and my half poly windshield just didn't cut it when it was that cold. I used to get cold in 30 minutes (even with ski bibs on and 40 degrees) and have to go back to camp to warm up. Now with the full windshield, I can ride for hours and leave the ski bibs in the camper if it is over 35 degrees.

Reactions: TripleB
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is what happens to us in Louisiana tight woods, not even straight up mudding.

140D3C05 ED6B 41E0 86CB 1EF11C923E39

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
This is what happens to us in Louisiana tight woods, not even straight up mudding.
Don't get me wrong, you can find muck out here in the West if you want. I've had my machine that dirty a few times and all I can say is No Thanks, never again (if I can avoid it)!

Since the last time she was washed, I've had mine out 4 times for a total of 9 full days worth of riding and she still doesn't "need" a wash. In the summer, she gets washed every trip but not in the winter when it is 30 degrees or less out. She's still loaded in the back of my toy hauler ready for the next trip and probably won't get washed until the weather is in the 60's if I can avoid it :)

Reactions: Smitty335
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I had the Honda half windshield on my pioneer 1000. Ended up selling it and buying a Honda hard coat split windshield. Riding a couple years in AZ dust I now know I want to try glass on the talon. I’m like PaulF. Don’t go in much mud. I’ve got it narrowed to utvZilla, moto armor or utv801. I wonder if Zilla and Moto armor are the same company. They are both in Bluffdale Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wonder if Zilla and Moto armor are the same company. They are both in Bluffdale Utah.
They are located in the same building, one in Unit B and the other in Unit C. They are both owned by the same person. UTVZilla seems to be a more economy accessory oriented and Moto Armor seems a little more high end.

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I have the utv801 for my talon and have been very pleased with it we also use the ryfab wiper on it seemed to be much better

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I have the utv801 for my talon and have been very pleased with it we also use the ryfab wiper on it seemed to be much better

Seems like the utv801 is in my future. I will get one ordered when I return home. What’s a ryfab wiper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkok I found it. Kinda spendy for what it is tho. Ryfab Windshield Hand Wiper Kit | WSWK

Last edited:
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the EMP windshield and really like it. Lower vents and a wiper.

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
It's a wiper from ryfab windshield very common on the rzrs like 60.00 much better built and uses a standard 14inch gm wiper blade. I ordered the one they offered with the window and when I got it just seemed real cheap and the blade wasn't quick replaceable

ibesnoopy

ibesnoopy

Jan 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've had several polycarbonate windshields and they work good. The only glass one I had was broken buy a rock from another machine. I carry RainX polycarbonate windshield cleaner to keep it clean and it seems to help with dirt accumulation.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!