pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But from the ones I have seen bent was the rod to the tie rod but if it didnt bend what would bend or break bending is bad but is
the lesser of two evils what do you guys think

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Product Description
Freeship

Weak tie rods lead to bent tie rods. Upgrade your Pioneer 1000 Tie Rods with the IMG Heavy Duty Tie Rod Kit and avoid bent or broken tie rods down the proverbial road. IMG Tie Rods are the result of dedicated r&d, american craftsmanship and a commitment to quality. Even though most Pioneer 1000 owners won't be racing their machines, IMG tie Rrods were designed to hold up to the rigors of racing and have proven to hold up even in the most extreme elements.

Fits: 2016+ Honda Pioneer 1000
  • Stronger then stock
  • Bolt on replacement for stock
  • Constructed from 6061 T651 Aluminum
  • Pins and spacers are stainless steel
  • Includes tie rods, heims, pins, and misalignment spacers
  • Made in USA
Here is the link...

IMG Honda Pioneer 1000 Tie Rod Kit

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
62943495 7888 4C1C AC66 C2FC0A5CDE1E 6E27AA14 B03F 411E AD80 B0EC8CC9F3BB
Looks like the boot would be installed after the section indicated by number 1 is screwed on, also doesn’t appear to come with the 16!

But from a side by side comparison it looks beefy!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
But from the ones I have seen bent was the rod to the tie rod but if it didnt bend what would bend or break bending is bad but is
Well Honda didn’t design it to be weak on accident!!! It is obviously designed to be a weak point to protect the steering system!

I think I will stay with factory at roughly $20 a piece and avoid shifting that weak point to something much more expensive:eek:

And the price in comparison at $249 is crazy!:eek:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Product Description
View attachment 55732

Weak tie rods lead to bent tie rods. Upgrade your Pioneer 1000 Tie Rods with the IMG Heavy Duty Tie Rod Kit and avoid bent or broken tie rods down the proverbial road. IMG Tie Rods are the result of dedicated r&d, american craftsmanship and a commitment to quality. Even though most Pioneer 1000 owners won't be racing their machines, IMG tie Rrods were designed to hold up to the rigors of racing and have proven to hold up even in the most extreme elements.

Fits: 2016+ Honda Pioneer 1000
  • Stronger then stock
  • Bolt on replacement for stock
  • Constructed from 6061 T651 Aluminum
  • Pins and spacers are stainless steel
  • Includes tie rods, heims, pins, and misalignment spacers
  • Made in USA
Here is the link...

IMG Honda Pioneer 1000 Tie Rod Kit

While nothing quality is cheap and when building a racing rig to finish first, first you must finish so price isn't an object.

For $250, how much stronger than OEM are they? 5%, 10%, 20% ?

For trail riders you can carry a pair of the OEM tie rods kits as spares for $35.

I have only bent one at 160 miles, and I really hammered an unseen rut to do it. I carry one spare now just in case, 2000+ miles since not bent another one.

If I were trying to compete in a Baja type race these might be the ticket, as it is seems a bit pricey for recreational riding at 6x the cost of OEM.

My humble opinion only, your tie rod mileage may vary. :D

Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mid Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
While nothing quality is cheap and when building a racing rig to finish first, first you must finish so price isn't an object.

For $250, how much stronger than OEM are they? 5%, 10%, 20% ?

For trail riders you can carry a pair of the OEM tie rods kits as spares for $35.

I have only bent one at 160 miles, and I really hammered an unseen rut to do it. I carry one spare now just in case, 2000+ miles since not bent another one.

If I were trying to compete in a Baja type race these might be the ticket, as it is seems a bit pricey for recreational riding at 6x the cost of OEM.

My humble opinion only, your tie rod mileage may vary. :D
Yeah... I've got 871 miles on mine. I noticed the drivers side bent after a late night run through the woods on our last outing. I'm all for an upgrade, but I'm not sure about finding the next weak link... and not sure if I want to be the guinea pig.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Meh, these damn things are just too heavy to expect anything to do much “better” without fubaring up more stuff. I’m honestly surprised at the cost of the “replaceable” parts from Honda. ie, plastics, tie rods. They’re all cheap... But then you have some parts that are ridiculously high for what they are.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Meh, these damn things are just too heavy to expect anything to do much “better” without fubaring up more stuff. I’m honestly surprised at the cost of the “replaceable” parts from Honda. ie, plastics, tie rods. They’re all cheap... But then you have some parts that are ridiculously high for what they are.
You mean to say the parts you shouldn’t muck up are expensive? Like rocker tubes? Lol

Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mid Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. I just ordered two stock tie rod assemblies (one spare and one replacement). Maybe if I bend another one I will look at making my own set.... anyone know the pitch on our tie rods?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sleeved mine and havent had a problem since just a suggestion

Reactions: JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!