P700 Tire Pressure

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just got new Tusk Terrabites mounted on my stock deluxe wheels, haven't even put them back on the machine yet. But after getting them home, I thought I should check the PSI, and the tire shop sent them out at 30 psi. Seems like that would feel like running around on solid rubber tires. What is everyone else running? I dropped them down to 10 psi, but I won't even be back to my Pioneer until tomorrow to install them.

Reactions: Farmer
BigEarlX4

BigEarlX4

Jul 23, 2020
St. Helen, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X4 LV
Tire pressure is based on the weight of your rig fully loaded, for the Pioneer's generally 7-12psi is what people run. I have played with my pressure up and down in that range and watched wear and 10psi has been the best for my rig and my tires. I had 27" CST Sludge Hammers and currently 30" Super ATV Intimidators and 10psi is what was best for both on hardpack and the road. I drop down to 8psi on certain trails. Hope that helps.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
The pressure they put in is just to seat the tires on the rims. 30 psi is not operating pressure. I am running my stock tires at 10psi. You always have to experiment with pressure when you change tires.

I had tires put on one of my ATVs a few years ago, and road down the street on 35 psi after coming home...it felt like I was riding and railroad wheels.

Reactions: FeelinRecless
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just got new Tusk Terrabites mounted on my stock deluxe wheels, haven't even put them back on the machine yet. But after getting them home, I thought I should check the PSI, and the tire shop sent them out at 30 psi. Seems like that would feel like running around on solid rubber tires. What is everyone else running? I dropped them down to 10 psi, but I won't even be back to my Pioneer until tomorrow to install them.

This a symptom of tire store and small shop zombies....... It's what they do. We run higher pressures (but within sidewall ratings) in our cars for fuel mileage and every time a vehicle goes in somewhere it comes back with 32 psi. They think they're doing you a favor by having the new guy check pressures and fluids but they should simply ask what psi you want. It's just another product of 330 million citizens LOL!

I run 10 psi in most of my atv, sxs, and lawn stuff. 20ish in the big tractors.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

I think my Tusks are at 12...or as best I remember that's what they were last year when I checked last 😱 . Prolly aughta check again

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
The pressure they put in is just to seat the tires on the rims. 30 psi is not operating pressure. I am running my stock tires at 10psi. You always have to experiment with pressure when you change tires.

This was pretty much my thought. Mainly curious what others are running.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tire pressure is based on the weight of your rig fully loaded, for the Pioneer's generally 7-12psi is what people run. I have played with my pressure up and down in that range and watched wear and 10psi has been the best for my rig and my tires. I had 27" CST Sludge Hammers and currently 30" Super ATV Intimidators and 10psi is what was best for both on hardpack and the road. I drop down to 8psi on certain trails. Hope that helps.
^this is a good response ^ I run 8.5psi front and 10.5 psi rear. Get a good low pressure tire gage. 😉

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
depends on what your doing . i find my pressure by using a stump or a cinder block and put the corner on the tire eith the tire off the ground then i air down till the tire is about halfway in at the corner section. not sure on the terrabites. but stocks i run like 5-8. my old executioners i was running 6-8 i believe but they could ve ran flat and youd never know unless you were corning hard.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Started at 10 psi, felt a bit rough. Dropped to 8.5, and left them there. Felt pretty good. Tires are definitely quiter and smoother than the stock OEM tires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!