P1000 Tire Questions and Concerns

J

JB1000

Feb 24, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone I have some questions about wheels and tires. Where are the best sites to buy wheels and tires. I want to get an 8 ply tire because of the terrain I ride in, and get rid of the stock 12 inch wheels and upgrade to 14 inch wheels. I Should I get 27 inch tires or 28 ? Do I need to get a wheel spacer? I would like to ride with all 4 tires the same. I am on a budget of between 800 and 1000 for wheels and tires. I know I am asking a lot but would really appreciate any input. Thanks John

Reactions: pct, sharp and BWAF
ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Snyder Power Sports, best price, fast shipping, In Eastern Ohio.

Reactions: BWAF
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone I have some questions about wheels and tires. Where are the best sites to buy wheels and tires. I want to get an 8 ply tire because of the terrain I ride in, and get rid of the stock 12 inch wheels and upgrade to 14 inch wheels. I Should I get 27 inch tires or 28 ? Do I need to get a wheel spacer? I would like to ride with all 4 tires the same. I am on a budget of between 800 and 1000 for wheels and tires. I know I am asking a lot but would really appreciate any input. Thanks John
Have you gotten your tires and rims yet? I have a full set deluxe rims and tires new for sale.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you gotten your tires and rims yet? I have a full set deluxe rims and tires new for sale.
The front stock tires are almost worthless, just can't get tire width on them for impacts if you stay with recommended tire sizes, some guys are running wider tires on the front with success, the stock rims are good, rear tires I never had an issue with on stock rims. I busted a stock front size tire, EFX 8 ply on a stock rim. So I went to different rims and tires. No more tire issues, I went with 30 inch tires and A arms, love it! But your looking at at least $ 1,500, if you do the A arm install yourself.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At some point, I'll have a set of OE LE wheels, with 8 ply DOT EFX MotoHamers for sale.. but not until I get the cash for a new set of wheels & tires..

For new, I found that KJ motorsports on ebay have pretty darned good prices. They ship fast too!

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Price? Pictures?
$600 for tires and rims.

Sxs tires

Reactions: Eltobgi and BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The front stock tires are almost worthless, just can't get tire width on them for impacts if you stay with recommended tire sizes, some guys are running wider tires on the front with success, the stock rims are good, rear tires I never had an issue with on stock rims. I busted a stock front size tire, EFX 8 ply on a stock rim. So I went to different rims and tires. No more tire issues, I went with 30 inch tires and A arms, love it! But your looking at at least $ 1,500, if you do the A arm install yourself.

I like the stock front wheels with 10" tires. The tires hold a bead and the wheels don't get beat up. The wider rear wheel with a 10" tire gets detroyed by rocks. I'd like to have 14x7 wheels all around with 28x10 tires

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've bought my last 2 sets of wheels and tires on Amazon. The seller has been KJ Motorsports both times as well. I'm not a fan of the stock tires. Between myself and the guys I ride with, none of us have had good luck with the bighorn 2.0 tires. We also ride in rocky, hard terrain which I'm sure plays a factor. Good luck on your search...

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run
I like the stock front wheels with 10" tires. The tires hold a bead and the wheels don't get beat up. The wider rear wheel with a 10" tire gets detroyed by rocks. I'd like to have 14x7 wheels all around with 28x10 tires
I run 14x7" wheels and 27x10" tires all the way around. I did add 1.5" wheel spacers as well. Nice to only have to carry 1 spare.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!