P700 Tire slime

B

bluedog

Dec 28, 2015
Does anyone use TireSlime , or a similar product, to avoid flats. I have a slow leak in one of my tears from a thorn. I used to put the stuff in the tubes of my dirt bikes.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tire guys always say don't use it. But that could be because it makes their job REALLY messy.

Reactions: dale5740
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Could it cause tire balance issues at high speed? Does the 700 go fast enough to have the issues?

I really don't know, but I'm curious.

Reactions: DGann
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could it cause tire balance issues at high speed? Does the 700 go fast enough to have the issues?

I used it in my bighorns after a stick puncture. I used the big bottle of slime and split it between all 4 tires using the recommended amount and saw no bad effects whatsoever.

Reactions: DGann and joeymt33
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would just plug your tire I have used slime but it's not the best way of fixing it.

Reactions: allgm1
B

bluedog

Dec 28, 2015
I would just plug your tire I have used slime but it's not the best way of fixing it.
I already plugged the tire, but I'll be riding in the same area, that has thorns. I was trying to prevent future flats.

B

bluedog

Dec 28, 2015

I think you would be okay in mild weather. I wonder if it could freeze in the winter and cause balance issues? It may settle to the bottom of the tire and freeze like a rock

clayduster71

clayduster71

Sep 20, 2015
Jonesborough, TN
WeShipFloors.com
I think you would be okay in mild weather. I wonder if it could freeze in the winter and cause balance issues? It may settle to the bottom of the tire and freeze like a rock

I have slime in all my ATV's tires. I've never had a problem even in the winter. The stuff works best on slow leaks like thorns and barbed-wire punctures.

Reactions: swsebek
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Tire guys always say don't use it. But that could be because it makes their job REALLY messy.

I was a tire guy for many years and yes it does make the job very messy. But when the slime sits in the tire for a long period of time it will eat the tire to the point where the tire needs replaced because the inside of the tire can not be buffed to put a patch on because the tire will just come apart in chunks. I personally would never use it unless it was all that was available. I have a plug kit. If you choose to use it, use it to get you out but get the tire repaired and get the slime out ASAP.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tire slime works great in tractor and atv,utv tires.....when its in there it will protect you for the next time as well.....and you will die of old age before it wvwr eats the tire away......slime is the shinizzle.

Reactions: dale5740
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
first thing I did when I got home from the dealer was tire slime,plug kit under hood, portable air comp. I would never go for a ride without those 3 items regardless of where I was going those are a minimum!!!!!! No ill effects winter summer etc, with new tires u might not have any leaks but soon as u start riding hard u prob will this stops it before it happens a MUST in my opinion. Another great thing about tire slime is when u get a large puncture u start seeing wet green spots on tire like a warning system to throw a plug in cause the hole is big enough to let some slime out all the little ones just seal off!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Tire slime works great in tractor and atv,utv tires.....when its in there it will protect you for the next time as well.....and you will die of old age before it wvwr eats the tire away......slime is the shinizzle.
its the bombdiggittty

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Google it and there are many discussions about slime.
This is from slime's own website.

1 slime

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you put slime in a tire. It soaks in liner of tire. Difficult to get a patch to stick to inner liner of tire.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honestly, I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I haven't tested it or seen factual testing.
I do know that I can change my mind if I don't do it.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always slime my tires and haven’t had any problems so far.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!