BOX1

P700 Tire upgrade for stock 700-4 Deluxe

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am in what may be a unique situation. I am discovering I drive on very hard packed and even old closed asphalt roads a good bit. I do also have to venture into areas to retrieve deer which include river bottoms and just unmanicured 4 wheeler trails. I discovered the stock tires can be a bit noisy and squirmy on the hard surfaces but seem to work well in the other areas. Can someone recommend a replacement tire that may be a good compromise for what I am doing? I am putting on a strong made lift kit but would like to stick with the stock rims. I kind of like the ones that came on my deluxe. I have already spent enough to flirt with having to contacting a good divorce attorney so have to keep an eye on my expenses at this point too.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ989
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am in what may be a unique situation. I am discovering I drive on very hard packed and even old closed asphalt roads a good bit. I do also have to venture into areas to retrieve deer which include river bottoms and just unmanicured 4 wheeler trails. I discovered the stock tires can be a bit noisy and squirmy on the hard surfaces but seem to work well in the other areas. Can someone recommend a replacement tire that may be a good compromise for what I am doing? I am putting on a strong made lift kit but would like to stick with the stock rims. I kind of like the ones that came on my deluxe. I have already spent enough to flirt with having to contacting a good divorce attorney so have to keep an eye on my expenses at this point too.
Tensors are great tires and would fit the bill as far as your needs, I don't run them, but try to stay off roads.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If that’s the case, don’t buy a 1000....everything for a 1000 seems like it’s twice as high!

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tensors are great tires and would fit the bill as far as your needs, I don't run them, but try to stay off roads.
Thanks for the recommendation Smitty. The property I hunt on has a couple of abandoned roads on it and one is probably 3 miles long. I could avoid it but by using it I save a lot of time heading to the stand. Cutting through the woods would cause me to blaze my own trail because everyone uses the path of least resistance to get to the other side of the property. It appears at first glance the tensors don't have a tire to fit the stock rims. I think I would like to go up one size on the tires to 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 on the rear.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
If that’s the case, don’t buy a 1000....everything for a 1000 seems like it’s twice as high!
Hey Russ I looked at the 1000. Those are really nice and would have loved to have one. The power, 6 speed, ect is awesome. Had a coworker buy a 1000 when he saw mine. He needed the extra grunt the 1000 provided for use on his property. He has more tied up in his SxS than he does his Jeep he uses to cruise his property. The old adage of it only costs 100% more to go first class does seem to come into play :) I had to draw a line for myself. The 1000 started out being about $4000 more than the 700. I had the dealer install hard roof and front windshield which I knew I wanted. I also knew I wanted a winch but dealer install for that was outrageous so did it myself. Several guys have extremely lifted and well over 100 hp rigs but you know what? I keep up with them even on the old asphalt roads for the most part. You cant drive that fast on any of them due to the hidden washouts and chunks of hidden asphalt in all the overgrown grass on the road. You have to slow way down for those areas and I catch up with them very quickly. One guy i was following on my old atv hit one of those while flying down the road and tore the whole front right wheel assembly off (A arms and everything). Where I go there you really cant go 60 plus mph like a 1000 will do (maybe short distances) and usually risky going over 20 or 30 mph. The 700 has plenty of power to go everywhere I need to and going though the woods it is a "just a fit" for the trials where other wider lifted guys have to make their own path and get stuck a lot. One bridge is just to narrow for some and have to go way around to get through a creek. They are always having to blaze a new path to get across the creek because every time it rains, the sides of the creek where they go through gets washed out. They get stuck so much that a couple guys fashioned a brace to hold their SxS in place when having to pull out those stuck guys. When they get stuck they really get stuck!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Russ I looked at the 1000. Those are really nice and would have loved to have one. The power, 6 speed, ect is awesome. Had a coworker buy a 1000 when he saw mine. He needed the extra grunt the 1000 provided for use on his property. He has more tied up in his SxS than he does his Jeep he uses to cruise his property. The old adage of it only costs 100% more to go first class does seem to come into play :) I had to draw a line for myself. The 1000 started out being about $4000 more than the 700. I had the dealer install hard roof and front windshield which I knew I wanted. I also knew I wanted a winch but dealer install for that was outrageous so did it myself. Several guys have extremely lifted and well over 100 hp rigs but you know what? I keep up with them even on the old asphalt roads for the most part. You cant drive that fast on any of them due to the hidden washouts and chunks of hidden asphalt in all the overgrown grass on the road. You have to slow way down for those areas and I catch up with them very quickly. One guy i was following on my old atv hit one of those while flying down the road and tore the whole front right wheel assembly off (A arms and everything). Where I go there you really cant go 60 plus mph like a 1000 will do (maybe short distances) and usually risky going over 20 or 30 mph. The 700 has plenty of power to go everywhere I need to and going though the woods it is a "just a fit" for the trials where other wider lifted guys have to make their own path and get stuck a lot. One bridge is just to narrow for some and have to go way around to get through a creek. They are always having to blaze a new path to get across the creek because every time it rains, the sides of the creek where they go through gets washed out. They get stuck so much that a couple guys fashioned a brace to hold their SxS in place when having to pull out those stuck guys. When they get stuck they really get stuck!
I totally understand your position, I too had a 700-4 before my 1000-5 and a P500 in the beginning. I loved my 700-4, I just needed more power to trail ride while hauling 3-4 people.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I totally understand your position, I too had a 700-4 before my 1000-5 and a P500 in the beginning. I loved my 700-4, I just needed more power to trail ride while hauling 3-4 people.
I will always think I should have sprung for a 1000. They are really nice. They really feel like you have something underneath you. I am hoping that when we go to visit friends in Arkansas that the 700 will have enough to haul 4 people on the mellow roads and trails we will be on. It will mostly be used for hunting but wife said it had to be able to haul 4 people. Those 4 door long things were way to long. I would have also had to spring for a new trailer to haul something like that and wouldn't be able to put it anywhere. I already had to add on to the house to park the 5th wheel under roof along with the boat. The wife was nice enough to let me park the new 700 in "HER" garage next to her car :cool:

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will always think I should have sprung for a 1000. They are really nice. They really feel like you have something underneath you. I am hoping that when we go to visit friends in Arkansas that the 700 will have enough to haul 4 people on the mellow roads and trails we will be on. It will mostly be used for hunting but wife said it had to be able to haul 4 people. Those 4 door long things were way to long. I would have also had to spring for a new trailer to haul something like that and wouldn't be able to put it anywhere. I already had to add on to the house to park the 5th wheel under roof along with the boat. The wife was nice enough to let me park the new 700 in "HER" garage next to her car :cool:
You’ll be fine, my 700 was good until I hit the higher elevations. I took it up trail 22 at windrock with three people and made it.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
You’ll be fine, my 700 was good until I hit the higher elevations. I took it up trail 22 at windrock with three people and made it.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It feels like it has a lot of power but the elevation in LA is one step away from a swim. This is my 1st SxS. Only my 3rd "four wheeler" I ever owned. Tend to keep things for ever! I did have a few reservations on such a little motor but after driving it, it seemed peppy and being a Honda I know it will last.

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It feels like it has a lot of power but the elevation in LA is one step away from a swim. This is my 1st SxS. Only my 3rd "four wheeler" I ever owned. Tend to keep things for ever! I did have a few reservations on such a little motor but after driving it, it seemed peppy and being a Honda I know it will last.
Don’t fool yourself, that motor is pretty stout for a single cylinder.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!