Tire wear.

SgtBrown

SgtBrown

Jun 10, 2020
Hyndman, PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2019 700-4 Pioneer. I do mainly blacktop and dirt road riding. Rarely been in 4 wheel drive. The passenger front factory tire was a racing slick in less than 500 miles. The other 3 was still like new. At the advice of the dealership. I replaced all 4 with radial 10 ply DOT approved tires. They have just over 200 miles on them. Still the passenger front is wearing. Anyone else having a problem with just 1 front tire wearing?

SgtBrown

SgtBrown

Jun 10, 2020
Hyndman, PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Need to align it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I've had it to the dealership twice. They say nothing is wrong. They tried to tell me it's from blacktop riding first time. But I mentioned why is it only 1 tire. So then they tried to say it was from driving in 4 wheel drive on blacktop. It never goes any where to use 4 wheel drive. So then they tried to tell me the tire pressure was off. I check pressure before every ride. That's when they told me the factory tires are not designed to last. So I bought the radials. DOT approved. It started to show signs of wear in less than 200 miles. Took in back in to dealership. This time I told them I want it fixed or replaced. They said they adjusted the alignment. I swapped the front tires. Keeping track of miles now. Only 75 miles since alignment. But it still wants to pull right.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Sounds like a pretty awful dealer. You could try bringing it by a tire shop and have them align it, but that'll probably run you $75-$80.

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A vehicle will usually pull to the side that has the issue which you verified and it is usually because that wheel has been pushed back (i.e. bent lower control arm or other part). If just tow in was off it would wear both front tires the same so I would suspect that right front wheel is back or has a worn or bad ball joint. With the steering wheel pointing straight ahead measure the wheelbase by measuring center to center of the left side wheels and then measure the right side and see if it is shorter.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had it to the dealership twice. They say nothing is wrong. They tried to tell me it's from blacktop riding first time. But I mentioned why is it only 1 tire. So then they tried to say it was from driving in 4 wheel drive on blacktop. It never goes any where to use 4 wheel drive. So then they tried to tell me the tire pressure was off. I check pressure before every ride. That's when they told me the factory tires are not designed to last. So I bought the radials. DOT approved. It started to show signs of wear in less than 200 miles. Took in back in to dealership. This time I told them I want it fixed or replaced. They said they adjusted the alignment. I swapped the front tires. Keeping track of miles now. Only 75 miles since alignment. But it still wants to pull right.
Measuring tape on the front and backside of the tire . Get the front about 1/8-1/4 less than the rear. A set of ratchet straps and 2x4 or somthing flat makes it really easy. Adjust move it forward then double check

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
1600 miles on the tires on the right and all of them look the same doing this. Pavement dirt roads mostly with about 200 miles worth of actual mud holes 3fe652b45b8f76bdd90a9a361dc490d9

D

Danno887

Jun 18, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you ever get an answer on this? Mine is doing the same thing. Almost 900 miles mostly gravel and oil/chip road. Passenger front has about twice as much wear as the drivers side and outside of passenger tire does seem worse then inside. Both tires at ~7psi.

edit: I do have toe plates ordered waiting for them to arrive to verify the amount of toe in the front end

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just over 1000 miles on mine, good mix of pavement, pack dirt, off-road. Both my front tires are extremely worn and a funky pattern. I think they’re just a garbage rubber compound tire.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!