P700 Tire wheel size for standard garage door

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have a new 700=4 non deluxe unit. I would love to upgrade my wheels and tires and not be too tall to get into my standard garage door. I have a hard top roof on the machine. When I drive in my garage with the slope up I seem to only have a couple of inches clearance. I do not want to make a mistake and get it too tall. Also what is a wheel space and why do you need them? If the answers on here on the forum I am sorry for asking again. Thanks in Advance!

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
It is kind of hard to give remote advice with so many variables in play

- your standard garage door opening vs. my standard opening
- tire sizes vary by accuracy by manufacturer
- your desired tire pressure for a unknown tire type

I would get a tape measure, pull your sxs under the door and measure the gap (you can do that from the seat)
Then pick out the tire you want.
Do a search here for that tire and see who has them.

Then you will have drilled down to someone who can give you some good measurements on the tire diameter at a defined air pressure and then you can decide if that works for you.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Don’t understand the question ? The wheels on my garage door are steel and about 2 inches . How does changing them affect how the Honda fits :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
A two inch larger diameter would only make it one inch taller so if you have two inches of clearance it should fit with a larger tire. I like the put boards down idea that way you have no guess work

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am a new Pioneer owner. My garage door opening is a standard 7’ or 84”. My 700-4 stock black rims and tires has a hard top on it that makes it close when going in and out. I was inquiring if anyone encountered a problem when installing larger wheels and tires entering their garage. I do very much appreciate everyone’s feedback and ideas.

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
I am a new Pioneer owner. My garage door opening is a standard 7’ or 84”. My 700-4 stock black rims and tires has a hard top on it that makes it close when going in and out. I was inquiring if anyone encountered a problem when installing larger wheels and tires entering their garage. I do very much appreciate everyone’s feedback and ideas.

My garage door opening is 7' also and I have a 700-2 with 28x10x14 terrabites and 14" rims with a hard top and clear the opening by about a 1/2" or less. Had to make sure garage door was going all the way up.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
My garage door opening is 7' also and I have a 700-2 with 28x10x14 terrabites and 14" rims with a hard top and clear the opening by about a 1/2" or less. Had to make sure garage door was going all the way up.

Yikes. don't drive over a paperclip!
Great info, maybe that will help the op

Reactions: BillEwing
BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello did you put the 10’s on both front and back?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!