P500 To Remove Sway Bar or Not to Remove Sway Bar?

C

CraigO

Jun 14, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I really cannot decide weather or not to remove my sway bar on the 2020 P500. What is you opinion?

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
You will get many opinions on this. I keep mine on because of so many hill side trails that could cause the P5 to articulate on the down hill side resulting in tip over. You can do as @Mudder and others do and zip tie it in case you want to hook it back up. I haven't done that because I would be stopping a lot to hook back up. Those that do remove say the ride is much improved but i am used to the rough ride. Us Colorado guys are a tougher breed .

Last edited:
G

GSK

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Remove and never look back! It will ride better and actually hold better in off camber situations, as it will articulate better and keep better wheel contact with the ground. It will feel a little more tippy until you get used it.

C

CraigO

Jun 14, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
You will get many opinions on this. I keep mine on because of so many hill side trails that could cause the P5 to articulate on the down hill side resulting in tip over. You can do as @Mudder and other so and zip tie it in case you want to hook it back up. I haven't done that because I would be stopping a lot to hook back up. Those that do remove say the ride is much improved but i am used to the rough ride. Us Colorado guy are a tougher breed .
And has jokes, but Thank for the opinion.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nooo, not the sway bar question again. Pretty sure this debate was over a long time ago...off with it! 👍

Dead Horse

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So, keep the bar in place, it will not interfere with anything?
No issues, just tie it up away from suspension. Or Here’s a thread on how to get it out, from one of our favorite members.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I really cannot decide weather or not to remove my sway bar on the 2020 P500. What is you opinion?
It’s funny we’ve been discussing this for five years now. It’s too easy to test it out. You know what it’s like with it connected, removing two bolts disables it but leaves it in place. Ride it and see what you think and if you don’t consider it an improvement cut the tie wraps and rebolt it. Do be cautious at speed on loose gravel though....

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
anyone have an updated link to the how-to thread on removing the sway bar?
I keep getting an error that the thread no longer exists?
This one?

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This one?

yeah....
maybe there is some regional access settings?
I only get an error page.

Screen Shot 2020 06 21 at 90717 PM

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
yeah....
maybe there is some regional access settings?
I only get an error page.

View attachment 208993
Hmmm, worked for me -

Reactions: PJ1 and Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!