ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the Pioneer has been very good to us for 4.5 years but my wife has the itch to drive and having a second machine gives us some more opportunity to venture off on our own with the boys.

I've been researching alternatives for several months but more seriously since the first of the year. Options were 2014-2016 Maverick 1000 but those turned out to be hard to find in anything but beat condition. Commander 800 or 1000 was about the same. I really didn't want a Polaris and I didn't see many Wolverines.

Enter the odd ball Wildcat Sport 700. Price was right and low miles at only 900. It's a 2015 with 2 previous owners

IMG 20210206 190659

Ordered a few parts for it.
Chase light
Rear roll cage bars from the roof into the box
5 matching Robby Gordon Speed UTV KMC wheels with 27" ITP tires
Accessory installation harness
Upper control arm bolt upgrade kit 10mm to 12mm
Skid plate kit
Shorter vented windshield
Spare belt
Oil change kit

Parts she wants but we haven't ordered
Hard roof panel
Spare tie rods
Likely going to get superatv front a-arms
Roof roll cage headache bars
3500lb winch

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So...what are "chase lights"?

And what is the kitty like to drive? They seem very quiet when I meet them on the trail.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So...what are "chase lights"?

And what is the kitty like to drive? They seem very quiet when I meet them on the trail.
Chase lights are a high mounted amber or red light that is used to see a vehicle in front of you in dust, fog or low visibility. The guys I ride with all have them and we have them on the Pioneer. Ideally it makes you more visible to someone following with out being a distraction to them. I've found they work really well.

On the Pioneer, I wanted them because we typically lead our group. We also ride almost always with the kids in the back. I'd hate to get rear ended and have them take the brunt of the impact.

IMG 20200908 192644

To answer your question about driving the Wildcat... We have about 3 miles and 7 or 8 donuts in the snow and ice on it. It turns a bit like a bus... Less than stellar cramp angle with out power steering. It drives really nice once moving and feels really planted with no body roll. I'm looking forward to driving it. I have always hated 50" machines so I steered clear of Wildcat Trails and RZR800s for that reason. The 60" Wildcat sport definitely feels more stable so I'm happy this far. The wife says it drives like a go kart so hopefully she will enjoy it

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Chase lights are a high mounted amber or red light that is used to see a vehicle in front of you in dust, fog or low visibility. The guys I ride with all have them and we have them on the Pioneer. Ideally it makes you more visible to someone following with out being a distraction to them. I've found they work really well.

On the Pioneer, I wanted them because we typically lead our group. We also ride almost always with the kids in the back. I'd hate to get rear ended and have them take the brunt of the impact.

View attachment 253779
Are those the ones that wig-wag that I keep seeing on RZR's and jeeps?
Did you see my wildcat question?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply.
I was actually confused and thinking you had a trail...overlook me!
Updated the first post to be more clear. They are very similar with the exception of shocks, axles, tie rods and a-arms. Easiest way to tell is the tires stick outside the body about 100% on the sport vs being tucked under the fenders on the trail.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Updated the first post to be more clear. They are very similar with the exception of shocks, axles, tie rods and a-arms. Easiest way to tell is the tires stick outside the body about 100% on the sport vs being tucked under the fenders on the trail.
Yeah...I looked at the garage shot and realized it. Seems like i saw some bigger wildcats for a bit here (including the XX), but now they seem to have thinned out some, but I do see Trails (ironic in a place where 50" is almost pointless), and they always seem quiet compared to the clunking, squeaking RZRs. Always kinda felt like it was their 15 minutes of fame, and now they've killed it off.
The trails seem to be the second cheapest used (relatively new) SxS you can buy. Right behind the 500 Pioneer.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So the Pioneer has been very good to us for 4.5 years but my wife has the itch to drive and having a second machine gives us some more opportunity to venture off on our own with the boys.

I've been researching alternatives for several months but more seriously since the first of the year. Options were 2014-2016 Maverick 1000 but those turned out to be hard to find in anything but beat condition. Commander 800 or 1000 was about the same. I really didn't want a Polaris and I didn't see many Wolverines.

Enter the odd ball Wildcat Sport 700. Price was right and low miles at only 900. It's a 2015 with 2 previous owners

View attachment 253752

Ordered a few parts for it.
Chase light
Rear roll cage bars from the roof into the box
5 matching Robby Gordon Speed UTV KMC wheels with 27" ITP tires
Accessory installation harness
Upper control arm bolt upgrade kit 10mm to 12mm
Skid plate kit
Shorter vented windshield
Spare belt
Oil change kit

Parts she wants but we haven't ordered
Hard roof panel
Spare tie rods
Likely going to get superatv front a-arms
Roof roll cage headache bars
3500lb winch

Looks like you guys are going to have some fun! Looks like a great find.

I've learned you can start any build threads here you want as long as its a Honda OR Not a KRX. LOL

Enjoy the new toy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!