BOX1

P1000m5 Took the Plunge

shanej1991

shanej1991

Sep 8, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to take a moment and say hi! Just picked up a brand new 2021 on Friday.....Yes, it is brand new and a 2021. So far I have installed the Honda roof, SuperATV windshield and a rearview mirror. I know I want a winch and some type of stereo in the near future. Any recommendations for those two items is greatly appreciated (I have started to look at threads on those topics). My first question is this. At what point do you have to add the additional battery?
IMG 1652

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love the white too 😍 Welcome from Mississippi. For a stereo in mine I use my phone and blue tooth it to a JBL Charge5 speaker. The speaker will last all day on a charge as will my phone on a charge. No wires,switches or anything to get in the way. @Backwoods uses a similar setup and his wife bought a holder that attaches to roll cage for his JBL. I have the auxiliary package holder attached to my lower dash and keep mine in there. Unless you have a big amp draw item like a winch I wouldn't see a need for a second battery.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I love the white too 😍 Welcome from Mississippi. For a stereo in mine I use my phone and blue tooth it to a JBL Charge5 speaker. The speaker will last all day on a charge as will my phone on a charge. No wires,switches or anything to get in the way. @Backwoods uses a similar setup and his wife bought a holder that attaches to roll cage for his JBL. I have the auxiliary package holder attached to my lower dash and keep mine in there. Unless you have a big amp draw item like a winch I wouldn't see a need for a second battery.
I like my Bluetooth JBL setup. O complaints .

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My thoughts on second battery and winch - I got along fine with one battery until the first time I used the winch. Guy was stuck in a snowdrift and the winch wouldn't budge him and I drug the battery pretty far down trying, enough that I was afraid to turn the buggy off, thinking it might not restart. First project when I got home was the second battery. Like the winch, you don't need it until you need it. :p

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wanted to take a moment and say hi! Just picked up a brand new 2021 on Friday.....Yes, it is brand new and a 2021. So far I have installed the Honda roof, SuperATV windshield and a rearview mirror. I know I want a winch and some type of stereo in the near future. Any recommendations for those two items is greatly appreciated (I have started to look at threads on those topics). My first question is this. At what point do you have to add the additional battery?
View attachment 353638
Welcome from south Florida

Nice buggy!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 353638
Welcome from NW Arkansas!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the best place on earth!

As others have stated about battery, you really need it when you drain a ton of battery using a winch or use it key off for listening to the radio or using lights.

I was going to post my build thread for the battery and radio but I am getting a website response of not found :/

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it's working now

Post 61 is my sound system

Post 63 is my auxillary battery

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome! The winch is the best accessory I spent money on and the most used accessory for me. A thing to know is that the engine generator/alternator does not provide enough power when the winch is pulling hard. Whatever amount of extra power is pulled by the winch comes from the battery. It is possible to completely drain the battery and stall the engine from “over” using the winch. If you have the winch wired to an auxiliary battery, and have an isolator to protect the main battery, you can always make it home. I have not put in a second battery on mine (yet), so I limit my use of the winch and I have a volts display so I know when I am pulling the battery voltage down. Also, most people wire the winch to only run with the key switch on (engine running). Have fun with the new ride!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!