P700 Top end speed

Booey424

Booey424

Apr 17, 2020
New Haven, WV
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are all 700-4 deluxe set at 43 MPH? That seems a little slow for a 700.

The main road by my house is 55 MPH.

Can the speed be adjusted to go a little higher? Or does that void the warranty?

Reactions: Farmer
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are all 700-4 deluxe set at 43 MPH? That seems a little slow for a 700.

The main road by my house is 55 MPH.

Can the speed be adjusted to go a little higher? Or does that void the warranty?
They all go the same speed and can not be adjusted, 50 would be nice though. But it's near bullet proof and super dependable.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's why I had to get the 1000

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Been seeing that alot why they dont go 45 anymore is a wonder to me. You can get 55 out of it but youll lose your bottom end and it will void warranty. Gear swap ,ecu change. And speed drd i believe is the name. Rincon gearset

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Would be nice if we could get another 10 or so, but it aint happening. Will climb a rock wall though o_O
I'm perfectly happy with 40-44. No need to go faster. But how can I improve midrange power and top end torque to keep it around 40 on slight hills on dirt roads?

Reactions: Farmer
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm perfectly happy with 40-44. No need to go faster. But how can I improve midrange power and top end torque to keep it around 40 on slight hills on dirt roads?

I dont think it's possible to improve the power. Some of the guys put a programmer on theirs and claim it helps. It climbs slow and steady :cool:

Reactions: DBD
DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I dont think it's possible to improve the power. Some of the guys put a programmer on theirs and claim it helps. It climbs slow and steady :cool:
I'm going to try k&n air filter and bigger exhaust tip or full exhaust then maybe tuner

DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, she climbs like a samsquanch after some jack links. Don't quit til she got it.😜

H

HondaTech

They don't cover the crankcase vent and suck dirt into the engine.

They don't filter worth a damm, ive seen dirt inside carbs and throttle bodies with K&N filters.

Emissions make today's engines run so lean to pass that adding more air wont help.

Reactions: TripleB
DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4

They don't filter worth a damm, ive seen dirt inside carbs and throttle bodies with K&N filters.

Emissions make today's engines run so lean to pass that adding more air wont help.
So a tuner and exhaust work are the key?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

I'd guess that all filters let some dust in....but when the oil from the filter comes with the dirt it sticks to the inside and you see it with your eyeballs. Don't get me wrong though,,, I aint runnin no K&N. Outta sight outta mind.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!