P1000 Torn Front Axle Boot

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a long weekend of riding, I noticed I have a hole in one of my front boots. I'm not sure what happened to it. Anyway, what are ya'll doing when this happens? Replacing the boot? New Rhino axles? I would just as soon replace the boot and be done with it.

How easy is replacing one?

Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After a long weekend of riding, I noticed I have a hole in one of my front boots. I'm not sure what happened to it. Anyway, what are ya'll doing when this happens? Replacing the boot? New Rhino axles? I would just as soon replace the boot and be done with it.

Thanks

I replaced one of my stock ones with an all balls replacement boot. It was messy but much cheaper than replacing the axel. As for difficulty I think it's more work to remove the shaft than replace the boot itself. I have since replaced the stock axles with the rhino shafts because I am running the satv forward arms without steering stops.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks

It is cheaper to replace the the boot but rhino axles are real strong:)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I saw someone used something called shoe goo to repair a boot as a temp fix and it was holding so well he still had it on there months later. Might be worth a quick forum search.

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks
Replace the boot..super simple and pretty cheap to do.
All Balls 19-5033 CV Boot Repair Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5LT7CJ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I saw someone used something called shoe goo to repair a boot as a temp fix and it was holding so well he still had it on there months later. Might be worth a quick forum search.
I know it works good on my dad's shoes

Reactions: Mudwing
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I went ahead and got them from Rocky Mountain ATV, same price. I got the tools also, I figure I'll need them again at some time.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!