russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Just getting started, doesn't look too difficult. Already had to chase a couple of captive nuts due to bolts galling when removed. I'll apply grease to the threads on reassembly to hopefully prevent it from happening again if I have to remove the bumper. Bumper looks to be of good quality, and was packaged well. Purchased it from a local dealer whom I encouraged to get set up with Tough Country. Bumper arrived quickly and in good condition. No discernable shipping damage thus far. More later.
Tc1
Tc2
Tc3

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Wouldn't be a bad idea if you have a welder handy to go ahead and brace up those tabs that bolt it up. I never had a problem with mine, but some fellas did have them give from HD winching.

When it happens, does it bend the brackets or the tabs on the bumper?

Reactions: BigOL3
Homer

Homer

Bad Decision Coordinator
Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great. I'm jealous. Heavily researched this one but haven't pulled the trigger.
It's the top bumper tabs.

C

chaos19671

Feb 10, 2021
somewhere pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
looks good! I've been looking at that 1 also, but trying to find out from TC if there would be any issues mounting a snow plow with it installed. no one can give me a answer yet. how much further does that come out from the factory one?

Reactions: Lady01
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plan to fab a plate to sandwich the bumper between it and the fairlead plate. Should help stiffen the top plate also. 🤷‍♂️

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Installing a winch on this bumper has been somewhat of a chore. I purchased the 6000# Viper Elite Widespool winch from the club store. The mounting slots are quite a bit larger in diameter than the winch mounting bolts, especially the smaller two. I had to fab up some spacers to fit inside the slots in order to keep the winch bolts centered in the slots. Thick washers must be used on the underside in order to keep washers from deforming into the slot when tightening the winch bolts. It's kind of been a pain....

Honda bumper  mod 1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!