Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I read everything I see and research quite a bit but still am unsure what to get but with winter coming and slick conditions around the corner our 1/4 tread won’t cut up.
We don’t want to spend big money on a tire good for only 3-400 miles so they are done in two trips but we need much more traction then a long lasting truck tire can provide.

I had been fairly solid on Terrabites for the money but having second thoughts. Factory Bighorns are my favorite in traction in multiple seasons but obviously too soft on 1000 for puncture, better ply rating Bighorns don’t have as good traction due to bigger lugs and more sidewall so less cleanout in snow. Our current Ripsaws have lasted and rears still have life but alignment issue on a previous weekend have rendered the fronts dead however they are tough as hell never any issue but suck when it’s slick. Most of the high end tires seem to not provide the miles needed for us. These are my opinions based off of what we’ve had and I see.

Ok so what I’m asking is what kind of tire you prefer?
Seasons and conditions you ride?
Mileage?
Pros vs. cons?
Price point?

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Currently running Ripsaws
We try to run all year
5000+
Long living good traction dry but poor slick
Middle of the road on price

How about your all tire sets?

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF and Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
RipSaws also.
Year round
A lot of sharp rocks and pasture riding. Couple trips a year to Tennessee and Arkansas.
500 + miles on my first set. ( sold my 700)
900 + on my P1k5 and never a failure on either set.
VERY TOUGH TIRE.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still Loving my Terrabites. They continue to impress the hell out of me. No idea how they'd do traction wise in your neck of the woods. Not many tires out there that'll let me raise hell offroad and turn around and cruise in town. All on same tire pressure

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I read everything I see and research quite a bit but still am unsure what to get but with winter coming and slick conditions around the corner our 1/4 tread won’t cut up.
We don’t want to spend big money on a tire good for only 3-400 miles so they are done in two trips but we need much more traction then a long lasting truck tire can provide.

I had been fairly solid on Terrabites for the money but having second thoughts. Factory Bighorns are my favorite in traction in multiple seasons but obviously too soft on 1000 for puncture, better ply rating Bighorns don’t have as good traction due to bigger lugs and more sidewall so less cleanout in snow. Our current Ripsaws have lasted and rears still have life but alignment issue on a previous weekend have rendered the fronts dead however they are tough as hell never any issue but suck when it’s slick. Most of the high end tires seem to not provide the miles needed for us. These are my opinions based off of what we’ve had and I see.

Ok so what I’m asking is what kind of tire you prefer?
Seasons and conditions you ride?
Mileage?
Pros vs. cons?
Price point?
You think LT like this with yellow hot knifed out would work 6a5e8405878804cf1e6e60c000c131bbF657faa72a478f84902e29b1de47395b

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Still Loving my Terrabites. They continue to impress the hell out of me. No idea how they'd do traction wise in your neck of the woods. Not many tires out there that'll let me raise hell offroad and turn around and cruise in town. All on same tire pressure
Came away from Takeover looking hard at those. How many miles you got on those Delton?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Came away from Takeover looking hard at those. How many miles you got on those Delton?
I didn't write down mileage when I installed them (idiot move). I had them for a couple months before takeover. She turned 4k miles during takeover and it has over 5300 now. So I'd say at least 1500-1600ish. Still have crapload of tread left. Can barely tell they're worn

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
if you like the big horns have you seen the Journey? its exactly like the big horn but 8 ply
@BWAF i do have A-arms and shocks so should be good on 30. Actually been wanting to bump up tire a little just been waiting for the clutch update that’s now done.

Getting a little desperate with rains and snow coming but cash is tight. I know this’ll go over like a fart in church but I have been looking at these for at least the winter months possibly more. They are 6 ply so some better then 2.0 and I don’t want too heavy a tire, don’t want to push it.
Thoughts? DBE9E5EE 6C96 406F AAF4 927B845A49F3
29" POLARIS RZR XP1000 QUADKING UTV TIRES SET 4 - 29X9-14 29X11-14 BIGGHORN | eBay

Last edited:
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
you can buy those tires on rzr pages all day long. wheels and tires for 500$. people still want the front wheels so they can have the same size all around on their rzr. so if you cant find just the tires you can get some money back for the wheels.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
you can buy those tires on rzr pages all day long. wheels and tires for 500$. people still want the front wheels so they can have the same size all around on their rzr. so if you cant find just the tires you can get some money back for the wheels.
Did look locally for good used even called tire shops. Nothing worth a crap

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rocky Mt. ATV has 10% off tusk brand stuff right now if you are interested in the terrabites. Very satisfied with mine - held up well on Colorado trip. @ 500 miles of rock. Have about 1000 miles on them and show very little wear and no cuts or holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rocky Mt. ATV has 10% off tusk brand stuff right now if you are interested in the terrabites. Very satisfied with mine - held up well on Colorado trip. @ 500 miles of rock. Have about 1000 miles on them and show very little wear and no cuts or holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You and Joe were the reasons I had mind set last year on that tire. The tear in his scared me a bit. I suppose that could happen with any though given right obstacle

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have read multiple reviews about the ITP Bajacross tires and thier mileage longevity. Have not ever tried them personally. A guide out west said he ran nearly 40,000 miles on one set mounted on a Honda Rubicon 500. Not sure how truthful that story is though.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The toughest tire is proving to be the tensor regulator. Baja guys swear by them but they are expensive. Similar tread as terrabite.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!