BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@BWAF i do have A-arms and shocks so should be good on 30. Actually been wanting to bump up tire a little just been waiting for the clutch update that’s now done.

Getting a little desperate with rains and snow coming but cash is tight. I know this’ll go over like a fart in church but I have been looking at these for at least the winter months possibly more. They are 6 ply so some better then 2.0 and I don’t want too heavy a tire, don’t want to push it.
Thoughts? View attachment 86714
29" POLARIS RZR XP1000 QUADKING UTV TIRES SET 4 - 29X9-14 29X11-14 BIGGHORN | eBay
Hell of a good price for new utv tires and would fit my stock ride about same size as my LT's

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: BWAF and sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What’s your opinion in the snow compared to the 2.0?
I have yet to be able to tell the difference in those and the big horns, except I haven't gotten a flat yet. but we also only did one snow run last year, and the conditions were pretty bad. no one we were with could go any where. heavy, wet, deep, snow. couldn't drive through it, and couldn't stay on top of it either. the tread is like an 1/8" deeper than the big horns also

H

HondaTech

Currently running Ripsaws
We try to run all year
5000+
Long living good traction dry but poor slick
Middle of the road on price

How about your all tire sets?

Ripsaws have in my experience been the longest lasting tire in all conditions. I've seen others last longer in certain conditions, but overall the Ripsaw has been the winner in longevity.

But they do give up wet traction for sure.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ripsaws have in my experience been the longest lasting tire in all conditions. I've seen others last longer in certain conditions, but overall the Ripsaw has been the winner in longevity.

But they do give up wet traction for sure.
Really nice to head straight into an area with downed trees and tire poppers or climb jagged shale without a care in the world. Never a flat and they just last forever. There are deep gashes and chucks missing yet still holding. But...I hate always digging the machine out of the snow!
Maybe buy something better for slick conditions now then try and get another set with wheels come late spring.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
IMG 20180912 132830
IMG 20180912 132857

Here you go @CumminsPusher . These are the toughest!

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Your problem is winter tires are polar opposite of what you want the rest of the year. That's why people that live in areas of heavy snow have specific winter tires they put on.

Pitbull growlers are probably my favorite UTV / atv tire. They get around

I'll bet you 2 cases of Coors light and a hand job that these are the best tires all around. I can plow snow all winter in turf mode. F24a57f7b121fe12ce0032355d76ee5d

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Your problem is winter tires are polar opposite of what you want the rest of the year. That's why people that live in areas of heavy snow have specific winter tires they put on.

Pitbull growlers are probably my favorite UTV / atv tire. They get around

I'll bet you 2 cases of Coors light and a hand job that these are the best tires all around. I can plow snow all winter in turf mode. View attachment 86776

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It’s the deep wet stuff that kills us. What kind of mileage you think you could get

Reactions: BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!