BOX1

P1000 Toughest longest lasting tires?

J

JTW

Your problem is winter tires are polar opposite of what you want the rest of the year. That's why people that live in areas of heavy snow have specific winter tires they put on.

Pitbull growlers are probably my favorite UTV / atv tire. They get around

I'll bet you 2 cases of Coors light and a hand job that these are the best tires all around. I can plow snow all winter in turf mode. View attachment 86776

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Is that the same tire you have on the other machine?

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s the deep wet stuff that kills us. What kind of mileage you think you could get

Honestly I bet they would last at least 20k. Probably more. I love these even more than my last set. In deep wet snow you just have to dig until you find traction.

J

JTW

Honestly I bet they would last at least 20k. Probably more. I love these even more than my last set. In deep wet snow you just have to dig until you find traction.

I like the lols of them better.. I just need them in a 14

Reactions: BWAF
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be running a set of lightly used growlers this winter, thanks @Plumber32 my guess is they will either perform spectacular, or all they will want to do is dig and high center ya. It’s killed me to sit on them for the last 3 months, but I know running them when they are not needed will burn the tread off them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

When sitting on top of 6’ of snow you need a backhoe in order to dig to find traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edstoy

edstoy

Dec 20, 2015
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tensor Regulators are awsome Img 0378 jpg

D

Dasmoeturhead

The stock Bighorns (6ply) were awesome in all conditions I've encountered in E. Tennessee with the exceptions of road wear and handling on the pavement. My p3 was unstoppable. I barely got 400 miles on the fronts and they were slicks. A lot of that wear was alignment issues. Fixed that and now run the 12 inch stock wheels with stock size Terrabites, and I really like them. They seem to wear well. I put them on at around the 400 to 500 mark, and now have 1600 miles and just a bit of wear on the fronts, so they do last. If I buy tires again, and if I have the money for Tensor Regulators when the time comes that will be my tire, but if I remain poor, the Terribites I know will work fine. Tough ass tires these Tusks are.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Awesome tires. How do they handle and wear on pavement.
Very well. Tires are dot approved so they are a good choice for street legal rigs! I have around 1000 miles on the set that’s on the 3seater on all types of terrain and they have no noticeable wear.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very well. Tires are dot approved so they are a good choice for street legal rigs! I have around 1000 miles on the set that’s on the 3seater on all types of terrain and they have no noticeable wear.
Just looked up the price and that seems scary
169B4D19 BC82 44F5 BD6E 9635D57293EB

Reactions: Eltobgi and mjn
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Just looked up the price and that seems scary
View attachment 86875
That’s a lot of coin! But those aren’t the ones I’m running, but I’ve heard good reviews of these.

But they do have free shipping :):):)

I think the ones I’m running are in the same price range though.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I like the berzerkers from Braven so far (Same maker as pitbull). I have only used them a couple of weekends but they are DOT rated and ave done well on rocks and general off road so far. We will know more this week we plan on sticking them on JTWs ride before we go to utah.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I like the berzerkers from Braven so far (Same maker as pitbull). I have only used them a couple of weekends but they are DOT rated and ave done well on rocks and general off road so far. We will know more this week we plan on sticking them on JTWs ride before we go to utah.
They will get no wear on his rig! Not much friction when there up in the air:rolleyes:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Tread life on the Honda roof has shown to be outstanding on @JTW rig.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!