BOX1

Talon Tow hitch

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Checking to see if anybody is interested in a receiver tow hitch for their talon I am personally building one for mine but it’s going to be a custom inch and 1/2 x 1 1/4” receiver style just to tow my bush tec trailer,It will be a simple bolt on application I don’t plan on towing over 400 to 450 pounds I can’t see the talon ever towing 1000 pound load safely with what’s back there to attach to

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
Checking to see if anybody is interested in a receiver tow hitch for their talon I am personally building one for mine but it’s going to be a custom inch and 1/2 x 1 1/4” receiver style just to tow my bush tec trailer,It will be a simple bolt on application I don’t plan on towing over 400 to 450 pounds I can’t see the talon ever towing 1000 pound load safely with what’s back there to attach to
I would be interested in something for a hitch carrier for those long runs use one in our p1000-5 now

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am interested as well. Would be great if it was out of aluminum.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would be interested in something for a hitch carrier for those long runs use one in our p1000-5 now
I will post some pictures and a price it won’t be done for a few days am getting ready to go camping for three days just trying to see if there’s any general interest in it, building one for myself would be willing to build a few for others

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It won’t be out of aluminum but trust me it is very small and simple it’s angle iron that attaches to the formed channel on the rear a arms and a plate that goes across it I can make it out of standard 2 inch receiver hitch but I don’t think there’s any reason to have such a large receiver back there I will not be responding to these post until Thursday night or Friday from now I’m on a pedal bike ride for three days ‍♂️‍♂️

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
It won’t be out of aluminum but trust me it is very small and simple it’s angle iron that attaches to the formed channel on the rear a arms and a plate that goes across it I can make it out of standard 2 inch receiver hitch but I don’t think there’s any reason to have such a large receiver back there I will not be responding to these post until Thursday night or Friday from now I’m on a pedal bike ride for three days ‍♂️‍♂️
Sounds good. The 2" would be better because it is more universal. It would also allow to attach a pull hook if needed.

Unknown

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's a great idea. I'd be interested too but my dealer scored me a decent receiver from KFIproducts. I just checked their website and Talon shows but says n/a. The website apparently needs updating, cause I'm bolting mine on right now.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds good. The 2" would be better because it is more universal. It would also allow to attach a pull hook if needed.

View attachment 129145
The strongest towing point on the back of the talon is already there it is at the bottom of the a arms structure and it is basically a round steel loop just like that built into the frame towing off the lower frame unit is the safest way to tow The hitch that I’m building realistically is only going to be designed to total may be 500 pounds I thousand if you’re careful I will be towing at the most a 4 to 500 pound push check motorcycle trailer for extended camping trips

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Two inch is more versatile, but realistically I don't want to hang much weight on it, nor pull much more than 500, as Lovetorque stated.
A few years ago (1986) I built what I called "tag-along" to tow a cooler and tent, or chainsaw , loopers, spade shovel, and more, behind my trx 250r fourtrax. It hitched to the atv by clamping around the rear lift bar. It had independent suspension, full swiveling and shock absorbing hitch. Worked good, made a lot of miles.
I'm thinking it's time for a re-do on that idea, sized for the talon. I'm thinking it would be nice to design it by starting with this car hauler.
https://www.menards.com/main/home-d...roof-cargo-carrier/ctc-9s/p-1515137787190.htm
Then design suspension, and use a version of an off road hitch.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That is a nice hitch that they made if I was you fellows I would just order that one there I was just going to do it if somebody needed one and that’s about what I was going to charge for mine I’m glad somebody has one available
Besides I just retired 4 weeks ago I truly love not having a job I will go back to ‍♂️⛷

Reactions: CumminsPusher
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!