P700 Tracks for summer

J

Jacqueline

Dec 23, 2017
Haliburton
Ownership

1. 500
we live in Ontario, Canada... we use our 700 mostly to get in and out of our cottage in the winter .. come summer we take off our tracks and put our tires on.. we don's use our machine very much in the summer and we when we do we mainly drive on dirt roads..

Wondering if I even need to switch back to tire? would i be damaging my tracks by leaving them on for the summer?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You definetly would have wear and tear on them and if you used the tires in summer the tracks would last a lot longer.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Biggest problem with tracks is if a stone gets kicked up between the trackmand the grouser wheels the wheels can be damaged.
A track that is able to deal with dirt / rocks is supper heavy duty.
Take a look at a bobcat of other small loader, the track is 2x the thickness and weight.

Reactions: Jacqueline

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!