GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im looking to get a new cooler to carry in the sxs...and im cheap..dont really want to pay yeti prices. I know theres alot of other brands out there. What brand are you carrying?..what size? And would you buy again.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll be going by a couple Buckees stores, they have the best price on the Rtic brand. I'll pick you one up if you need me to.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
Im looking to get a new cooler to carry in the sxs...and im cheap..dont really want to pay yeti prices. I know theres alot of other brands out there. What brand are you carrying?..what size? And would you buy again.
I got a Ozark trail from Walmart last spring that has held up well. It's still no cheap cooler but much cheaper than yeti and will hold ice for a couple days. It'll hold a case of beer nicely.

Reactions: GlockMeister
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Orca 75 that I use to carry in the truck for trips but I have an Ozark trail 20 that is GREAT for the bed of the Pioneer. It’s a quarter of the price of a Orca/Yeti.

Technology is same just a different name on it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I grabbed a 20qt Pelican last season for mine. I added some webbing tie downs and it sits right in the back near the tailgate. I watched and watched and watched, and when it was right around $120ish I jumped. I didn't care about colour either.

J

JTW

I have one of these I sit in the middle bench seat.. and I love it!
F4FEDF69 F341 4FBC A200 820F92B833CC
If you want something larger.. Rtic 45 or check Walmart for the ozark trail or lifetime coolers. I was looking at them yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I usually look for a cooler with good hinges so they will hold from all the opening and closing I do to get beer.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will say none of the high priced coolers will hold ice for very long if you open the lid a lot. Also if you pre cool it before you load it it will help a lot.
I always freeze a few bottles of drinking water to add to the ice.

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry a RTIC 45 in the cooler rack on my spare tire carrier.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size are you looking for? How many people and for how long of use?

I have

RITC 45 That I just got and it is great - I use some of the Yeti Ice in it and that actually helps a lot. I will use this one when I have multiple people or plan of leaving in the Honda for a couple days ride.

RITC Soft pack 20 - it is good for me for a days ride... I will pull a drink out and replace it in the cooler as it is not that big but does not take up too much space. It is not holding ice for multiple days however

Coleman Xtreme - Dang hard to find a cooler that beats the value of this one... it will keep ice just short of what the Yeti and Ritc coolers will but does not look cool or come with a cool pricepoint. I had this cooler at Mulberry in July (you were there) and it had ice in it from Thursday to Sunday ( Ice was down to 50%) It is a fantastic cooler and the only drawback is it does not have Latches on the lid to keep it from opening if tilted on your side for sure a BEST VALUE cooler

There are all kinds of coolers test on YouTube too .... crazy how some people lover to document that stuff.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only think I don’t like about the Ozark ones is the zipper. I bought 2 during Black Friday. Both have junk zippers in first use.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've got a Yeti 45 and 50 but I'd never pay the prices for them... got them via points through hotel stays. If I had to pay for one, I'd probably go with the Rtic.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a Ozark trail from Walmart last spring that has held up well. It's still no cheap cooler but much cheaper than yeti and will hold ice for a couple days. It'll hold a case of beer nicely.
I have a Orca 75 that I use to carry in the truck for trips but I have an Ozark trail 20 that is GREAT for the bed of the Pioneer. It’s a quarter of the price of a Orca/Yeti.

Technology is same just a different name on it.
Have either of you had any problems with the rubber keepers on the lids of the ozark trail. Was kinda leaning towards it...bur that definitely looked like the weak point

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for everyones responses!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!