P1000 Trailer tie down

S

Sourdough

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
What is the best way to tie down my 1000-5 on the trailer. Also have a concern, should the SXS be in Park when tied down.?? Thinking about a shock load on Parking mechanism in trans. Almost wish there was an emergency brake lever ...Yes, I know there are those who will forget the brake is on...Can't fix stupid..

Reactions: ChadD and Biteme
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the best way to tie down my 1000-5 on the trailer. Also have a concern, should the SXS be in Park when tied down.?? Thinking about a shock load on Parking mechanism in trans. Almost wish there was an emergency brake lever ...Yes, I know there are those who will forget the brake is on...Can't fix stupid..
Best way is to tie down something below the suspension so the load is less dynamic.

I prefer tire bonnets, but straps over the tires are just as effective.

322831 400x400

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added 3/4" shackle mounts front and rear.

Will use CargoBuckles that are recessed under the floor. You pull it out, hook up, let go it retracts like a seat belt, hit the lock button and about two pumps and it's tight. One handed operation. Works with E Track.

I also added 6 if these

It actually takes a 4-1/2" hole saw.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
e-track and straps over the tires
View attachment 203563

Best way.

www.uscargocontrol.com has the best price on e-track and e-track tiedowns I have found. I have found nowhere that can beat their e-track price.

Their Tiedowns are REALLY nice. I ordered a few to see the quality then I gave away all my old tie downs and bought a compliment of 1" and 2" ratchet straps with snap hooks and the gray e-track tiedowns then cut them to fit over my tires since the Erikson tiedowns won't fit anymore.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another option is the Louisiana Trailer Dog.
If you have a trailer ball on the sxs, you can pull on the trailer, slide the LA dog into the rail and slide forward. Lower onto the trailer ball and lock it up.

Reactions: ChadD and Biteme
Rhino-F350

Rhino-F350

Jun 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just bought a set of Macs utv tie downs , they are awesome and I think they will last a very long time. Also, I installed the hillbilly brake and towed for 350 miles and my p1000-3 didn’t move at all the entire trip. Great setup.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I tie mine by way of straps through the wheels in a crisscross method. Also ALWAYS put mine in Neutral after securing them. Dont like the idea of the trans parking pawl taking the undo punishment.
I also have the Hillbilly brake on both my machines.

20191129 104226
The E track will not work for me, I use my trailer to haul my tractor and other types of equipment.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You guys are making this harder than it has to be. Just run a strap through the floor area, hooking low on the trailer. Tighten strap, and she's not going to move. I use the leftover strap to tie front a arm to front pole of trailer. By holding it this way you have no jumping around, suspension is down and unit can't walk because it is tied to front of trailer. Loaded many times with 10,000 pound tie down and no issues, even on 1,200 mile trips.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You guys are making this harder than it has to be. Just run a strap through the floor area, hooking low on the trailer. Tighten strap, and she's not going to move. I use the leftover strap to tie front a arm to front pole of trailer. By holding it this way you have no jumping around, suspension is down and unit can't walk because it is tied to front of trailer. Loaded many times with 10,000 pound tie down and no issues, even on 1,200 mile trips.
You haven't seen how @Tramguage1 drives! HA!

M

Mortimer

May 8, 2020
S. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a tie-down strap on the Honda's hitch ball attached to the rear of the trailer, and then use my winch up front. It works awesome!

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a tie-down strap on the Honda's hitch ball attached to the rear of the trailer, and then use my winch up front. It works awesome!
Be careful using the winch line as a tire down. Warn states the dynamic loading can lead to damage or ruin the gears.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Be careful using the winch line as a tire down. Warn states the dynamic loading can lead to damage or ruin the gears.

I was going to state that, but didn't want to come across as a know it all! HA! Your completely right! And you don't want one strap in the rear, I was involved in a head on crash early Jan 17, had four straps, two of them snapped, one in the rear and the other in the front, if my trailer didn't have a top rail, our S x S would have ended up in the bed of my truck. I had a 50% failure on my tie downs. You only have 50% to start with?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to state that, but didn't want to come across as a know it all! HA! Your completely right! And you don't want one strap in the rear, I was involved in a head on crash early Jan 17, had four straps, two of them snapped, one in the rear and the other in the front, if my trailer didn't have a top rail, our S x S would have ended up in the bed of my truck. I had a 50% failure on my tie downs. You only have 50% to start with?

BINGO and you only have 2 strap out of 4 keeping it out of the cab of your truck.
The over tire straps, all 4 are keeping it in place, it allows the suspension of the SxS to absorb some of the energy of bad roads and it makes the ride of the tow vehicle and the trailer better.

Each of my 4 tiedowns is working load rated at the weight of the machine so I am at 4x the working load and 12x the break strength of the tie downs and tie down points, my etrack is bolted through wood and where there is a cross member bolted through them. It’s working load is right at the weight of the SxS at each tie down point.

Honestly I’m more worried the wood itself and the cross members may fail before the straps and tie down points do.

IF I have a wreck I don’t want the Pioneer as a 1800lb projectile through the back window to be a very high possibility.

In traffic or on the interstate I AVOID the $80k truck pulling the $40k SxS on a $500 trailer with $10 in harbor freight tiedowns.

Securing a load safely in case of a wreck is the priority not keeping it from rolling off the trailer.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
BINGO and you only have 2 strap out of 4 keeping it out of the cab of your truck.
The over tire straps, all 4 are keeping it in place, it allows the suspension of the SxS to absorb some of the energy of bad roads and it makes the ride of the tow vehicle and the trailer better.

Each of my 4 tiedowns is working load rated at the weight of the machine so I am at 4x the working load and 12x the break strength of the tie downs and tie down points, my etrack is bolted through wood and where there is a cross member bolted through them. It’s working load is right at the weight of the SxS at each tie down point.

Honestly I’m more worried the wood itself and the cross members may fail before the straps and tie down points do.

IF I have a wreck I don’t want the Pioneer as a 1800lb projectile through the back window to be a very high possibility.

In traffic or on the interstate I AVOID the $80k truck pulling the $40k SxS on a $500 trailer with $10 in harbor freight tiedowns.

Securing a load safely in case of a wreck is the priority not keeping it from rolling off the trailer.
I don't understand? HA!

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been thinking about e-tracks, the two things I keep wondering about are should I recess them and should they be mounted to the crossmembers and not just the boards? I also second the comment on straps from US Cargo Control. I ordered 4 from them and they are very nice. Plus I got to get them in blue instead of yellow!

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been thinking about e-tracks, the two things I keep wondering about are should I recess them and should they be mounted to the crossmembers and not just the boards? I also second the comment on straps from US Cargo Control. I ordered 4 from them and they are very nice. Plus I got to get them in blue instead of yellow!

Might checkout the versa track. I like it better than the E-track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!