P1000m3 Trans cable adjustment

D

Dasmoeturhead

I have looked, and cannot find how to adjust my trans cables. When I shoot into low or high the trans is late to engage causing a harsh shift when it finally engages. I know I've seen the procedure on this forum before, but now I can't seem to locate it. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: LJSXS and rubyred16
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have looked, and cannot find how to adjust my trans cables. When I shoot into low or high the trans is late to engage causing a harsh shift when it finally engages. I know I've seen the procedure on this forum before, but now I can't seem to locate it. Thanks for any help.
The cable adjustment is right behind the shifter. Think I had to go under the hood to get to it. To check if its right, move the shifter to neutral and push it over, and up and down to take out any freeplay. It should be centered in the shift gate on the dash. So basically when you move it up to take out the play the shifter rod should be a little up from the gate and the same amount down from the gate when pushing down.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Dasmoeturhead

The cable adjustment is right behind the shifter. Think I had to go under the hood to get to it. To check if its right, move the shifter to neutral and push it over, and up and down to take out any freeplay. It should be centered in the shift gate on the dash. So basically when you move it up to take out the play the shifter rod should be a little up from the gate and the same amount down from the gate when pushing down.

Ok, that sounds fun. Knuckle skin beware. Right now when I put the shift lever in neutral, it's hard against the left slot.
Thanks for the info.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Attached

Attachments

• PIONEER-1000 350.pdf
    193.3 KB · Views: 277
  • PIONEER-1000 351.pdf
    237.7 KB · Views: 239
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ok, that sounds fun. Knuckle skin beware. Right now when I put the shift lever in neutral, it's hard against the left slot.
Thanks for the info.
Push it to the right out of the gate and slightly push up and down and see if it goes the same distance past the gate up and down.

D

Dasmoeturhead

There are 2 cables under the hood. Not sure which is what
They both move when you move the trans shifter.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
There are 2 cables under the hood. Not sure which is what
They both move when you move the trans shifter.
1 locks the rear diff when u put it in park. Did you see the pdf's I attached above?

D

Dasmoeturhead

1 locks the rear diff when u put it in park. Did you see the pdf's I attached above?
I did, but I do,t see the adjustment nuts. Do you have to remove the battery? I guess I'm not seeing the whole picture.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I did, but I do,t see the adjustment nuts. Do you have to remove the battery? I guess I'm not seeing the whole picture.
I might have went in through the driverside fenderwell to get to mine but it seems like it would have been easier to remove the battery.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!