P700 Transmission Emergency Valve Screw

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
I've read that turning the transmission emergency valve screw all the way in helps with the issue of the pioneer 700 not shifting out of 2nd into 3rd. Will it actually improve 2nd to 3rd gear shift and after I tighten the screw do I just put the lock plate over the front of the screw and tighten it back down? Thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've read that turning the transmission emergency valve screw all the way in helps with the issue of the pioneer 700 not shifting out of 2nd into 3rd. Will it actually improve 2nd to 3rd gear shift and after I tighten the screw do I just put the lock plate over the front of the screw and tighten it back down? Thanks
LOL...no.
The purpose of the screw is to allow a hydromechanical bypass of the electronics in case something goes wrong with them. Turning it in locks the tranny in 2nd gear, and ONLY 2nd gear, to allow you a chance to get back to help.

What is the shifting issue?
Assuming its warmed up, Usually when these don't shift right its the oil level. Check it using the procedure in the manual. You can't just randomly pull the dipstick out and check it, as it won't give the proper reading.

If the issue is with a cold machine, its just something you'll have to live with. Synthetic oil helps, but they all tend to shift funny/poorly until some heat gets in the oil.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remember that depending on the year of your 700 that the transmission has two modes, cruise and sport. You cannot select between the two, the machine does it based on your driving. I know sometimes when I’m running mine hard and then chill out and want to cruise easy it will hold 2nd and act like it’s never going to shift but after awhile the shifting gets more relaxed.

Last edited:
S

Scoutman385

Apr 1, 2019
Nome, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
New member here, not sure how to make a new post, But transition is stuck in limp mode. Replaced linkage and now replaced linear valve and change oil and filter twice ??? I'm at such a loss

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
New member here, not sure how to make a new post, But transition is stuck in limp mode. Replaced linkage and now replaced linear valve and change oil and filter twice ??? I'm at such a loss
Does it have a check engine light? What's the gear display say? Speedometer working?

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve not heard of that happening, I’d be interested to know what’s causing it.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!