Transmission Issues after 27 miles and 2.5 hours of driving

P

partsexpress

I have a 2021 Talon. I have 27 miles on the unit which just spent 4 weeks in service to replace a solenoid in the front causing the I4 indicator to come on. We literally drove it for 2.5 hours and its been in the shop ever since. I finally picked it up Tuesday and now the AT/MT indicators are both lit and I can't turn one or both off with the toggle switch? Any ideas? Does the lemon law count for these types of things? I think I have a lemon......

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 2021 Talon. I have 27 miles on the unit which just spent 4 weeks in service to replace a solenoid in the front causing the I4 indicator to come on. We literally drove it for 2.5 hours and its been in the shop ever since. I finally picked it up Tuesday and now the AT/MT indicators are both lit and I can't turn one or both off with the toggle switch? Any ideas? Does the lemon law count for these types of things? I think I have a lemon......
My guess is the clutch realearn didn't take.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You were right, the clutch relearn was not even done. So it was done today with Honda support and its fixed!
Good to hear, sucks that there are so many bad dealers out there. That machine should never have got to you like that. Glad it's sorted now and you can enjoy your ride.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
haveing both on just means it needs a clutch relearn no biggie do a search its not hard to do
So that’s why my machine has them both on. 😂😂😂

After reflashing to the silber N/A flash mine have been that way.

It still swaps from one mode to the other but you have to guess which mode it is in.

(Drives fine)

H

HondaTech

So that’s why my machine has them both on. 😂😂😂

After reflashing to the silber N/A flash mine have been that way.

It still swaps from one mode to the other but you have to guess which mode it is in.

(Drives fine)
Whenever a ecm is replaced or flashed the clutch relearn must be performed. A new ecm essentially doesn't know where the clutch feeplay is and flashing has the same affect.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!