Honda1000-5

Honda1000-5

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2018
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
Has anybody had or heard of SeriousTransmission problems with the P1000?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello,
Has anybody had or heard of SeriousTransmission problems with the P1000?
Mostly clutches burning up on early models. Honda upgraded the design and it seems to have eliminated the problems. No common SERIOUS problems. Common minor problems are loose chassis grounds, or a weak battery. (these transmissions are heavily reliant on a perfectly operating electrical system). What are your symptoms?

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealer told me that if any accessories are added they need to be put on a dedicated 2nd battery with an isolator. It will cause the transmission to fail prematurely due to the amperage draw of the said accessories.

H

HondaTech

The dealer told me that if any accessories are added they need to be put on a dedicated 2nd battery with an isolator. It will cause the transmission to fail prematurely due to the amperage draw of the said accessories.

My GM had multiple exterior lights, light bar, interior lights, radio, winch, audio system and never installed a 2nd battery and just sold his '16 5 seater with the original battery.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
While this isn't true, it's a good idea. Most of the clutch issues are directly related to people running 32"+ tires or super aggressive mud tires without any sort of gear reduction (portals or IGR).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I won’t agree with the dealer saying you have to but like Adam said it’s a really good idea. If your batt does go low it’ll slip clutches but normally you only see that if winching hard unless you just have a ton of light.
Imho it’s a good idea to run dedicated on any machine you add electronics too, plus kinda insures no monkey business with factory s***.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Theoretically that could happen, but not necessarily the truth. A couple small light pods should not cause a problem with amp draw. Some huge lights could be another story. Not knocking an isolater, but neither are they a requirement. I have the 2nd battery simple hooked up + to + and - to - with 8 lights and not problems.

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are too many guys with multiple accessories on the stock battery to support this claim. The 1000 has a high output charging system, it can handle a few accessories easily.

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what I was thinking. The 2021 1K5 I just picked up is “pre-wired” for a winch and that’s just what they told me. I installed a 6k LB Black Ops winch And a few other accessories last night and will eventually put in a 2nd battery.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!