BOX1

P1000 Traxion Tires

Lil-Buggy

Lil-Buggy

Jul 21, 2020
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good Day, First post here, Great site tones of info!!!

we have just bought a 2020 P1000-3 and I'm looking to upgrade the tires, looking at the Traxion Alpha

28X10-14 with 14X7 Rims 5+2 Offset

I will be putting a high lifter 2 1/2'' lift kit, as well as 1" spacer in front and 1 1/2'' in the rear

will this set up work

Thanks in advance

Chad

R

rickoshea

i've been looking at the alphas and the grippers.can't decide which ones yet.i'm going the same setup as you,without the lift and just a 1" rear spacer,but my understanding is yours will work.fyi,the 28's actually measure 27" so with a 2 1/2" lift i'd go with 30's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i've been looking at the alphas and the grippers.can't decide which ones yet.i'm going the same setup as you,without the lift and just a 1" rear spacer,but my understanding is yours will work.fyi,the 28's actually measure 27" so with a 2 1/2" lift i'd go with 30's.

I have a 2 1/5 high lifter kit and 30s rubbed on mine with 5+2 rims. I had to get offset A arms

R

rickoshea

I have a 2 1/5 high lifter kit and 30s rubbed on mine with 5+2 rims. I had to get offset A arms
just curious, by "mine rubbed",do you mean 30" traxion alphas? if so,what did they measure out at? the traxion max 29 measures 27

Lil-Buggy

Lil-Buggy

Jul 21, 2020
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
thanks for the advice.

My fear is I want to go a bit bigger but without the added expense of A-Arms at this point. So if the 30's will fit I think I may go with them (Traxion Alpha).

I was also looking at the Maxxis Carnivore. what do they measure up like

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
28 carnivores 27" 30s are 29 1/2" 31s are 30.8 at 12 lbs. 32 are 31.5

Where did you find these numbers? Iv been looking at the carnivores and couldn't find much about there true size? I wonder if 32s will fit with the offset arms and the lift since they measure 31.5?

R

rickoshea

thanks again,

I will be looking into this in the next couple of weeks. I have been looking at Revco.ca as they have free shipping and are also in Canada so Duty, Exchange, shipping wont be an issue
i just got a 72" click n go plow setup from them.very fast shipping.reasonable prices and most of their stuff is in stock.

Lil-Buggy

Lil-Buggy

Jul 21, 2020
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Prices are good but with the exchange, shipping and Duty to Canada, too much $$$$. Not in a big hurry as the stock are doing the trick. Thanks for the option though.

R

rickoshea

Prices are good but with the exchange, shipping and Duty to Canada, too much $$$$. Not in a big hurry as the stock are doing the trick. Thanks for the option though.
some time over the winter i'm going to order the alpha's.i just went over my machine front to back,top to bottom and my stock bighorns are chewed up really bad.lots of slashes,a couple lugs are really chunked as well and it looks like my tireject has been getting a real test.i will be watching the availability and will drop the hammer when they have stock.my tracks will be going on in a little while so no big hurry.hopefully they will last till then but they look really sketchy.

Lil-Buggy

Lil-Buggy

Jul 21, 2020
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tires and wheels finally became available.

I went with the Traxion Alpha 30X10X14 Tires,
Wheels, STI HD9 Beadlock 14X7 offset (matte black),
I also installed the Highlifter 2 1/2'' Lift kit,
1" spacers in the front and 1 1/2" spacers in the rear.

Install was pretty easy, no issues, by that I mean I didn't break anything while getting this done LOL. Took it out on the wknd and put around 150Km's on the new set up.

Initial review, Really like the extra ground clearance (I didn't measure, but it is a lot better than stock) Im not a rough rider or a mudder but a lot of the trails I go on are 4 wheeler trails and are rougher. so the added clearance is nice. I found that a rocky trail is still a rough ride 8ply and maybe air pressure, but the stock tires were rough as well. Loss of Power, didn't really notice and the new tires are considerable heavier (did not weigh). again I'm not into the throttle hard. I did however when on the more technical portions have it in Low and in manual. not a big deal to be expected with the bigger tires ect. Only thing I noticed so far is a bit of a rub on the driver side when making a tight turn and suspension is compressed. which shouldn't happen that often but I am aware of it. AND there is the extra mud issue LOL, which I new going into this. It does fling mud/water over the door at times not crazy but your leg arm will get dirty as well as the sides of the buggy. I am looking at fender flares and will get a set before spring.

Questions:
-Would going to a 1 1/2" spacer in the front solve the minor rub? also would this be much harder on the front end parts.
-What PSI should I be running in these tires ( average trail riding, minimal hard top) I am currently running 15-16 PSI , but thinking It may be a bit much, not sure as the 8 ply tire is a lot stiffer and I don't have that much experience with them. I just dont want to ruin them because of incorrect tire pressure.

Thanks again and will post pics once I have it looking pretty again

Chad

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!