P700 Trouble getting a 2021 700-4 deluxe

Anyone else who's usually a Honda guy getting ready to go with something else cause of availability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bill450L

Bill450L

Dec 4, 2020
Atco, NJ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Now that you mentioned fee's. Here's what I'm being charged. And I know where they build them is only a 10 hour drive away.

KIMG2125

Bill450L

Bill450L

Dec 4, 2020
Atco, NJ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok everyone I held out! My 2021 Pioneer 700-4 deluxe in molasses brown with a roof will be ready for pickup Wednesday June 23rd. Even though I've been trying to get it for 7 months I'm still extremely excited about it. I can only expect to be as very happy with the performance of it as I am with my other two Honda's a Recon and CRF450L. Anyone is welcome to chime in on my staying faithful to Honda. And to be honest. It was what I wanted in the first place after checking out everything on the market. Any break in
advice and things to check is also appreciated.

Reactions: Farmer and Kinlaw
Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've had mine a little over a month now and am really liking it. I am Honda through and through. Have a Foreman and a Rancher in the stable with the 700-4. I am most happy that I opted up to the Deluxe. Power steering is a must with these machines (IMHO). I, like many others, wish there was one or two more gears in the gearbox. It would be nice to go 40 mph without the engine screaming. Definitely looking forward to a windshield but that will wait until fall.

IMG 20210619 093532641

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bill450L

Got our 700-4D back in May 21. The machine has been great all round and does well on the back roads and trails. Recently we did the 100mi service. As valve adjustment didn't appear to be needed I passed on that and will probably take a look at it around 200-250 mi. As for the oil change, all I can say is "do it" as you'll notice the factory oil will be quite dark and you may find some very small metal shavings in the filter from you initial break in. We found 4qts Honda Oil with filter, washer and o-rings about $50 delivered from Storm Lake Honda (e-bay site). All else seems perfect on the machine.

We started running the tires at 8psi all round and since have gone to 8psi in front and 10psi in the rears. Didn't make allot of difference having 10psi in the rear other than when we have a couple kids back there, otherwise 8psi all round works well with two adults riding.

Might I suggest you put a battery charger on your battery for a top off as our battery was extremely low on delivery. Also check all the bolts holding your skid panels to the lower chassis as some may be loose. The bolts holding our oil drain panel under the engine were barely on, glad we checked them or they would be long gone.

Therney

For sure on power steering!!!

We got the Honda split windshield with the hard coat and like it allot. the split windshield when open about the max 4" helps to keep some of the dust and dirt out of your face. Don't think it would help in that manner following another sxs, but if your out there solo it works. It's a very clear windshield and after 160mi it's cleans well by just flushing with water. It fits well with the Honda full roof. Also would be easy to run with the upper half off as it detaches in minutes.

Have fun guys, it's a great machine!

Last edited:
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just giving a recent update in case anyone cares. I have been looking for 3 months and have heard all the stories listed above and some dealers ARE charging 2-3K OVER MSRP for the one unit they have. I think I got lucky and found an ethical dealer, he had a sale fall through on an inbound unit and he called me. As of 6/25, he said it is supposed to ship on 6/28 so hopefully I get it in a week or so. UPDATE...6/29...THEY CALLED ME AND UNLOADED IT TODAY. Picking it up on Friday.

- I have been told that any dealer "guaranteeing" a delivery date is lying to you because they have no control.
- I have been told that sometimes Honda ON THE SHIP DATE pushes it out and thats when they find out it is delayed.
- I have been told by a couple dealers they really have no idea until the truck shows up and it is on it.

So, I would bet that some or all of the above is true. Im just hoping to get the thing and start having fun.

Last edited:
Bill450L

Bill450L

Dec 4, 2020
Atco, NJ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just giving a recent update in case anyone cares. I have been looking for 3 months and have heard all the stories listed above and some dealers ARE charging 2-3K OVER MSRP for the one unit they have. I think I got lucky and found an ethical dealer, he had a sale fall through on an inbound unit and he called me. As of 6/25, he said it is supposed to ship on 6/28 so hopefully I get it in a week or so.

- I have been told that any dealer "guaranteeing" a delivery date is lying to you because they have no control.
- I have been told that sometimes Honda ON THE SHIP DATE pushes it out and thats when they find out it is delayed.
- I have been told by a couple dealers they really have no idea until the truck shows up and it is on it.

So, I would bet that some or all of the above is true. Im just hoping to get the thing and start having fun.
I finally finished my accessories. Winch, light bar, volt meter, usb ports, rear cup holders, switch plate, and ropax gas can.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I just noticed this thread, and also noticed a P700-4 for sale in Oklahoma City on CL today. Only 41 miles! I thought some of you P7 guys having trouble finding one, might be interested. For the record, I do not know the owner, or anything about it, other than what is posted on line.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
B

Bigred1969

May 16, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I got lucky. Checked with the closest dealer. They, of course, had none but had a brown deluxe 700-4 coming in a month and a half with no deposit yet. I jumped on it and put a deposit down.
It arrived on time the first week of June. Loving the machine.
The dealer said they will not get another til November. Their showroom is empty, no SXS, ATVs, or bikes.
I haven’t been so lucky on a trailer, looking for one and being told by those dealers that it’s a 20 week wait.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!