P1000 true isolator, second battery + accessoires and ignition power?

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I right in saying that if a separate battery is installed with a True isolator and I hook up accessory fuse panel everything on that battery is only on whenever the ignition is turned on (no need to tap acc wire)? If not what do I need to do to have this in place don't want the accessories to drain extra battery. Thanks!

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only if you use a solenoid/relay between the second battery and fuse panel. You then still need to tap into the key on power to close the relay circuit when key is on. Otherwise your accessories will always be powered from the battery. The isolater is to separate charging function and protect the primary battery from the secondary battery draining it.

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only if you use a solenoid/relay between the second battery and fuse panel. You then still need to tap into the key on power to close the relay circuit when key is on. Otherwise your accessories will always be powered from the battery. The isolater is to separate charging function and protect the primary battery from the secondary battery draining it.

Where would I connect the tapped "acc wire" it's the part that I can't seem to figure out.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you go into forums and pioneer 1000 accessories and modifications section you will find all of your answers. There are a lot of examples of how guys did what you are asking. I didn't isolate my second battery from the fuse panel, but may change it. I utilized the key on power to energize my switches. The switches then control the relays on each accessory. The fuse panel controls the load side of the relays. This way nothing will turn on without the key on. Other guys go an additional step of protecting the fuse panel with a circuit breaker and larger full load relay. If you research on that forum thread you will find the answers.

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you go into forums and pioneer 1000 accessories and modifications section you will find all of your answers. There are a lot of examples of how guys did what you are asking. I didn't isolate my second battery from the fuse panel, but may change it. I utilized the key on power to energize my switches. The switches then control the relays on each accessory. The fuse panel controls the load side of the relays. This way nothing will turn on without the key on. Other guys go an additional step of protecting the fuse panel with a circuit breaker and larger full load relay. If you research on that forum thread you will find the answers.
Thanks, I have been browsing the forums for a while now...maybe I need to reread some.

M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
Thanks...good video. Getting close to the same point for my machine. Just need to order a few more parts and have the blinker/horn install to complete as well.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!