Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been on the lookout for a "real" tube bender for awhile now. By "real", I mean one that does mandrel bends and is not a "pipe" bender. There are a few in the $600 range with one die that are good benders but a little more than I want to pay. Then I found this one from Affordable Bender-

Affordable Tube Benders, tube notchers, metal fabrication welding

With one die of your choice it costs only $300, two dies is $400, and so on. They have videos on YouTube and this bender appears to produce high quality results.

The only two downsides I see are it won't make a single bend past 90° and the center line radius is a little large at 7" for 1.75" tube. But I don't really think these are deal breakers for me.

Opinions or thoughts? Anyone use this bender?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a JD2 model 3 that I bought about 15 years ago that has worked really well. Things to look at with the one you posted is it only does 90 deg bends, it's pretty limited on die selection (large radius) and has aluminum dies. Definitely search some forums before pulling the trigger on it. Looks like there are many more companies doing the same design as the model 3 now and a lot of upgrade options.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!