BOX1

Tusk Megabites mounted, and measured

PapaC

PapaC

Dec 12, 2021
W. Wa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Got the Megabites mounted today. Discount Tire charged me $43 total to take the old ones off, and mount the new ones.

Measured them at 15 psi, on OEM rims. First by the good ol’ up against the wall with a carpenter’s square on the other side:
Front- 29 3/4”
Back- 29 5/8”

Next I measured around circumference, and divided by 3.14:
Front- 29.856
Back- 29.816

So as you can see, on the stock rims they are just under the 30 inches called out on the sidewall. I took a spin around the block, then measured my ground clearance, and I gained 1 1/4”.

RMATVMC”s sale on them is over, but I got these for $140 a piece, so I’m happy. I wanted something a little taller, and good dirt/mud/gravel performance for the trails we have here in W. Wa. might be a little while since we’re snowed in, and I also have a ton of goodies in the garage to be installed. I’ll post on those later. pics:

3976E297 1A78 4DD1 90FD EFC36C3416AB
6506569D 7997 46EF B565 5B74B82578F4
9703DACF DADA 45CA B10B 6FF6631971D3

Last edited:
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Great pics! Thanks for the additional information. I found it very helpful in how you checked these tires. Plus the look great !!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Got the Megabites mounted today. Discount Tire charged me $43 total to take the old ones off, and mount the new ones.

Measured them at 15 psi, on OEM rims. First by the good ol’ up against the wall with a carpenter’s square on the other side:
Front- 29 3/4”
Back- 29 5/8”

Front- 29.856
Back- 29.816

So as you can see, on the stock rims they are just under the 30 inches called out on the sidewall. I took a spin around the block, then measured my ground clearance, and I gained 1 1/4”.

RMATVMC”s sale on them is over, but I got these for $140 a piece, so I’m happy. I wanted something a little taller, and good dirt/mud/gravel performance for the trails we have here in W. Wa. might be a little while since we’re snowed in, and I also have a ton of goodies in the garage to be installed. I’ll post on those later. pics:

on edit: The original tires are for sale. 491 miles. Make me an offer (I’m easy). Have to be picked up locally though. Seattle/Tacoma area

View attachment 311975View attachment 311976View attachment 311977
Good tires, great price, perfect size for the Talon IMO…

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

Front- 29 3/4”
Back- 29 5/8”

Front- 29.856
Back- 29.816

on edit: The original tires are for sale. 491 miles. Make me an offer (I’m easy). Have to be picked up locally though. Seattle/Tacoma area

nice looking ride

Stilly1155

Stilly1155

Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2020
Peoria AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Ok I pulled the trigger on the Megabites 30x10x15's and got them installed! Have to say they look and drive nice. I also had Counteract balancing beads installed in them. Hope thy hold up as well as I think they will.

I also want to sell my factory tires. They have 1280 miles on them and are in very good shape no plugs or repairs. Pick up only in the Phoenix area. All offers will be considered.

20220112 165524 2

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Did the balancing beads require a specialized air stem? Do those come with the Balancing Beads? What you have in the pics looks different then OEM. Nice pics by the way. Thanks

Stilly1155

Stilly1155

Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2020
Peoria AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Did the balancing beads require a specialized air stem? Do those come with the Balancing Beads? What you have in the pics looks different then OEM. Nice pics by the way. Thanks
Yes and the stem comes with the beads and you have to buy the beads separate of the tires. The wheels are OEM just the outer valve stem cover is an add on. You can get the beads on Amazon.

Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo

Front- 29 3/4”
Back- 29 5/8”

Front- 29.856
Back- 29.816

They look really good on your machine !!
Have you had a chance to get any road time ? I will eventually be getting new tires and these look look like what I am looking for - just curious how they feel on the pavement because I may be doing some on road driving in the future...

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes and the stem comes with the beads and you have to buy the beads separate of the tires. The wheels are OEM just the outer valve stem cover is an add on. You can get the beads on Amazon.
Thanks for the quick reply. They look really good!!!!

PapaC

PapaC

Dec 12, 2021
W. Wa
Ownership

1. Talon X
They look really good on your machine !!
Have you had a chance to get any road time ? I will eventually be getting new tires and these look look like what I am looking for - just curious how they feel on the pavement because I may be doing some on road driving in the future...
Haven’t had it out yet. been busy, and then I got sick. We don’t drive on the pavement much, and just an FYI the Megabites aren’t DOT approved. I could care less, and the LEO’s around me are cool with the SXS community So I don’t see it as a problem.

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV

Front- 29 3/4”
Back- 29 5/8”

Front- 29.856
Back- 29.816

How did they fit on the narrower front wheel or did you purchase new wheels. They look great!

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV

Front- 29 3/4”
Back- 29 5/8”

Front- 29.856
Back- 29.816

What rims are you runnning?

Stilly1155

Stilly1155

Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2020
Peoria AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Any updates? Get out out yet?

Sorry been up in Northern AZ in the mountains at about 6800' These tires make the ride smoother out on the trail. On the pavement there's a little road noise but not bad, they aren't as smooth riding as the stock tires on pavement but on the trails even my wife commented on much nicer the ride is. I'm running them at 14psi all the way around for now.

And to reiterate they are on my stock rim's.

Reactions: 906UP
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!