P500 Tusk Rear Window available for P500 !!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just noticed this... I looked at the pic that RMATV has for this product... if you zoom in, you can see they have a half windshield on it. Kinda looks like a prototype... and there is a bag mounted inside, near the drivers feet. It says "TUSK" on it... Maybe some more new Tusk products in the works??? :)

Reactions: Montecresto
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Couldn't resist... Already ordered it. :) $60 for a rear window sure seems like a deal. Will report back after install...

I used the live chat on Rocky Mountain, and asked if they had any other new products coming out for the P500. "Jim" that I spoke with did not offer any information...

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Couldn't resist... Already ordered it. :) $60 for a rear window sure seems like a deal. Will report back after install...

I used the live chat on Rocky Mountain, and asked if they had any other new products coming out for the P500. "Jim" that I spoke with did not offer any information...

Like to see one installed

Chance135

Chance135

Jun 18, 2015
Southern Maine
Yes, please keep us updated on this. I just ordered a top for mine and would like to add a rear panel as well.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Should be here tomorrow. I probably won't get it installed till Thursday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Should be here tomorrow. I probably won't get it installed till Thursday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too will get one after a few people here have tested them out and good reviews are coming in. Seems at $60.00 too good to be true, but I'm hoping not. Nice find ehart.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I too will get one after a few people here have tested them out and good reviews are coming in. Seems at $60.00 too good to be true, but I'm hoping not. Nice find ehart.
6966c796d96296238361f97fd58fa0beAddbe110dfbdca1ecc64dd2f6757a959
2c2f77e4d29500d33f47773bade261e4

Well it arrived today, and I got it installed. Seems to work perfectly with the Honda Bimini top. The top overlaps it a couple inches. It doesn't come with instructions but you really don't need them.

Velcro the top edge to the horizontal bar, and work your way down with the straps. A little trial and error with the straps. Not bad at all. Took maybe 20 minutes max. There is a flap that goes down behind the seat back. I'm sure it's there to help cut down on dust. It covers the airbox so you might need to loosen them for air filter maintenance, but it won't be much of an inconvenience.

It fits as good as the Honda accessories I have and seems to be made just as well.
I'm very satisfied with the quality so far. It rained here today, so I couldn't tell if it cut down on dust. But I could feel that there was less turbulence in the cab when riding down the road at 30+ mph.

Even if this rear panel cost more than $60, I would be satisfied with it. At $60 I think it's a great buy.

Also, I have a quadboss drink tube. I had it velcro'd to the vertical bar on the drivers side. I had to remove it since its straps were interfering with the straps for the roof and back panel. I soon discovered a better place for it. I stuck in on the horizontal bar right above the windshield. It works perfectly there! You hardly even know it's there unless you're on the seat. I really like the tube for taking a couple beverages when I ride, and it keeps them cold. I wish I had thought to put it there before. I paid $23 for it. Good product.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 14756View attachment 14757
View attachment 14758

Well it arrived today, and I got it installed. Seems to work perfectly with the Honda Bimini top. The top overlaps it a couple inches. It doesn't come with instructions but you really don't need them.

Velcro the top edge to the horizontal bar, and work your way down with the straps. A little trial and error with the straps. Not bad at all. Took maybe 20 minutes max. There is a flap that goes down behind the seat back. I'm sure it's there to help cut down on dust. It covers the airbox so you might need to loosen them for air filter maintenance, but it won't be much of an inconvenience.

It fits as good as the Honda accessories I have and seems to be made just as well.
I'm very satisfied with the quality so far. It rained here today, so I couldn't tell if it cut down on dust. But I could feel that there was less turbulence in the cab when riding down the road at 30+ mph.

Even if this rear panel cost more than $60, I would be satisfied with it. At $60 I think it's a great buy.

Also, I have a quadboss drink tube. I had it velcro'd to the vertical bar on the drivers side. I had to remove it since its straps were interfering with the straps for the roof and back panel. I soon discovered a better place for it. I stuck in on the horizontal bar right above the windshield. It works perfectly there! You hardly even know it's there unless you're on the seat. I really like the tube for taking a couple beverages when I ride, and it keeps them cold. I wish I had thought to put it there before. I paid $23 for it. Good product.
Here is the drink tube.
3437692807de4840f3c45874ce53202a

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Forgot to mention... The rear window did cut down rearward visibility when using the rear view mirror I have. It's mounted in the center of the front roll bar - you can see it in one pic. Since the top 4 or 5" of the rear panel is not transparent, I can't see quite as far behind me as I could before. Definitely not a deal breaker for me, but I figured I'd better mention it.

I do have one problem. Now I don't know where or how I am going to mount the rear facing work lights I bought. When I bought the panel, I was thinking I would mount them to the vertical bars in the rear of the roll cage, using these clamps:

Tusk UTV Vertical Flag Mount | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

These are really nice, and very well built clamps. I kinda mocked up the setup last night with the clamp and one light. I guess it will work but I'm not crazy about it. The light will have to stick out a little past the roll bar, and it might actually be contacting the roll bar. I originally wanted to mount one up high on the horizontal bar at the back, but I can't do that now having both the soft top and rear panel covering it. I guess I could mount them on the inside of the panel on the little horizontal bars near the head rests. Any thoughts?? I can't think of any other ways to mount the LED cubes.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 14758

I wonder how that will work with the Honda hard top.

Reactions: 100Acre
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Forgot to mention... The rear window did cut down rearward visibility when using the rear view mirror I have. It's mounted in the center of the front roll bar - you can see it in one pic. Since the top 4 or 5" of the rear panel is not transparent, I can't see quite as far behind me as I could before. Definitely not a deal breaker for me, but I figured I'd better mention it.

I do have one problem. Now I don't know where or how I am going to mount the rear facing work lights I bought. When I bought the panel, I was thinking I would mount them to the vertical bars in the rear of the roll cage, using these clamps:

Tusk UTV Vertical Flag Mount | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

These are really nice, and very well built clamps. I kinda mocked up the setup last night with the clamp and one light. I guess it will work but I'm not crazy about it. The light will have to stick out a little past the roll bar, and it might actually be contacting the roll bar. I originally wanted to mount one up high on the horizontal bar at the back, but I can't do that now having both the soft top and rear panel covering it. I guess I could mount them on the inside of the panel on the little horizontal bars near the head rests. Any thoughts?? I can't think of any other ways to mount the LED cubes.
I'm glad you did mention that. It would be a deal breaker for me. I depend on that rear view mirror, a lot. However, looking at your pics, it doesn't appear that the solid fabric extends below where the hard top does. Can you tell me how many inches below the rear bar the solid fabric goes?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm glad you did mention that. It will be a deal breaker for me. I depend on that rear view mirror, a lot.

It does go down a couple inches more than the soft top. The pic from the back shows it pretty good. Which mirror do you have? if you have the Honda mirror I'd bet it wouldn't make any difference. Mine is a cheapie, and its mounted right to the front horizontal roll bar, with no drop. If your mirror has a mount that drops it down, then it likely wouldn't make a difference. Since my mirror is mounted higher, there is an angle. I can't think of a way to explain it so it makes sense...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It does go down a couple inches more than the soft top. The pic from the back shows it pretty good. Which mirror do you have? if you have the Honda mirror I'd bet it wouldn't make any difference. Mine is a cheapie, and its mounted right to the front horizontal roll bar, with no drop. If your mirror has a mount that drops it down, then it likely wouldn't make a difference. Since my mirror is mounted higher, there is an angle. I can't think of a way to explain it so it makes sense...
I gotcha brother, makes sense, I do have a mirror that drops down, I modified it to do so, so perhaps it will work.

Reactions: ehart814
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 14758

Looks Good
mines a honda one
but ..hell for wat you paid
DAMN good buy

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Should tie off...4 "or 5"
Up above the bottom of
the top...I would think
That sounds like the clear would begin about at the bottom of the Honda hard top then. Does that sound right to you??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ehart, have you seen the rear panel that Honda makes, the one that Rocmar mentioned. If so, how does the Tusk compare in quality.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ehart, have you seen the rear panel that Honda makes, the one that Rocmar mentioned. If so, how does the Tusk compare in quality.
I'd say it's comparable but not equal in quality. The straps seem to be the same material Honda used for the straps on the soft top. So that matches. The Honda one has a removable panel I believe. The tusk does not. It's hot and sunny here today and I've been running the P500. The rear panel definitely reduces airflow at slow speeds. But that's a good thing. I have not tipped out the windshield yet and ridden like that. I rode a lot last night too and it was nice having the rear window on there. Still very satisfied with it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!