elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Folk, I am starting up a small business on the side to sell radios and other communications stuff. I'll be signing up with @Hondasxs as a vendor shortly, but wanted to make a brief announcement here.

I will be selling pre-programmed radios (vehicle mount and handhelds) that all here are familiar with as well as antennas etc to complete the package. I am just starting up and funding out of my own pocket so my inventory at start-up will be limited. I am importing radios directly and am working on becoming a dealer for various manufacturers.

I am going to be selling SPOT satellite communication units and trackers as well - I have been setup as a dealer for them and have my initial order inbound.

My company is Offroad Communications. Webstore will open July 1 which is when my resale licensce becomes effective
Website is Offroad Communications and
Facecrack at Log In or Sign Up to View

Honestly, if you like programming your own stuff and assembling everything together, you can probably get everything cheaper than what I'll be selling it for. but I sure would appreciate your business.

Oh yeah ... I will be providing a club discount code once I am set up as a vendor ....

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Folk, I am starting up a small business on the side to sell radios and other communications stuff. I'll be signing up with @Hondasxs as a vendor shortly, but wanted to make a brief announcement here.

I will be selling pre-programmed radios (vehicle mount and handhelds) that all here are familiar with as well as antennas etc to complete the package. I am just starting up and funding out of my own pocket so my inventory at start-up will be limited. I am importing radios directly and am working on becoming a dealer for various manufacturers.

I am going to be selling SPOT satellite communication units and trackers as well - I have been setup as a dealer for them and have my initial order inbound.

My company is Offroad Communications. Webstore will open July 1 which is when my resale licensce becomes effective

Honestly, if you like programming your own stuff and assembling everything together, you can probably get everything cheaper than what I'll be selling it for. but I sure would appreciate your business.

Oh yeah ... I will be providing a club discount code once I am set up as a vendor ....
I hope it goes gangbusters for you sir!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just left my email to sign up for notification when you startup. Good luck and hope we can help get ya started.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Oh yeah ... I will be providing a club discount code once I am set up as a vendor .... and all the hardware?
Mounts and all the hardware?

Reactions: aprils_fool
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mounts and all the hardware?

If by “mounts” you mean roll cage clamps, not to start with. I will probably add those.

But I will open up with thin NMO antenna mounts and brackets for those that don’t want to drill their own holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: aprils_fool
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If by “mounts” you mean roll cage clamps, not to start with. I will probably add those.

But I will open up with thin NMO antenna mounts and brackets for those that don’t want to drill their own holes.

I will be bugging you very soon! Like now! I have a second battery that I would run the radio off of from a fuse panel for such improvements and extra wires in the dash, are these radios water proof? Think I'm out of room on the top front ROP.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes. I have one handheld and one hard mount (in fact the only hard mount) radio that I will be offering that are IP 67 waterproof rated.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes. I have one handheld and one hard mount (in fact the only hard mount) radio that I will be offering that are IP 67 waterproof rated.

Call me when you can.

Reactions: elkaholic
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome! We are getting ready to add a good radio and even a satellite phone to our trail gear. I know nothing about either except what I have recently read.

What programming do these need? Channel frequency info i assume and what channels are used?

My wife refuses to ride again untill i get a satellite phone or something... our last Tackett ride scared her to death...and we were about 30 miles out and ran into no one until we were almost out.

Thats a long way to walk for help....

How about a quick primer on offroad radios for us uneducated folk...

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Awesome! We are getting ready to add a good radio and even a satellite phone to our trail gear. I know nothing about either except what I have recently read.

What programming do these need? Channel frequency info i assume and what channels are used?

My wife refuses to ride again untill i get a satellite phone or something... our last Tackett ride scared her to death...and we were about 30 miles out and ran into no one until we were almost out.

Thats a long way to walk for help....

How about a quick primer on offroad radios for us uneducated folk...

Sent you a PM. I’ll be glad to field any questions on the phone. And will pull together a primer for my site and here

SteveinUT

SteveinUT

Sep 12, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Signed up for the emails. Yeah, I'm curious what freqs? FRS, GMRS? I'm a ham operator, but unfortunately, I haven't come across a 2m or 440 Mhz mobile radio that I consider weatherproofed to conditions like dust and water, so I haven't ever mounted one in my Pioneer. I am anxious to see what you will be offering. I live out in the boonies and most of the trails I ride are on public land within 10 miles of my house, so I wouldn't mind putting a mobile GMRS or FRS rig at the house and one in the machine in case I ever need to call back to the house, because cell is pretty spotty around here.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Signed up for the emails. Yeah, I'm curious what freqs? FRS, GMRS? I'm a ham operator, but unfortunately, I haven't come across a 2m or 440 Mhz mobile radio that I consider weatherproofed to conditions like dust and water, so I haven't ever mounted one in my Pioneer. I am anxious to see what you will be offering. I live out in the boonies and most of the trails I ride are on public land within 10 miles of my house, so I wouldn't mind putting a mobile GMRS or FRS rig at the house and one in the machine in case I ever need to call back to the house, because cell is pretty spotty around here.

I think you will like what I have to offer. I have been running the waterproof vehicle mobile radio I will be selling for 3 years in a couple of different rigs. One with no top.

On the other hand, it is not a high end radio so it may not meet your HAM standards. I will say the a major name who will remain nameless (with initials RR) sells the same radio under their brand .... at a helluva lot higher price

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!