P1000 Under seat fan debate

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to hear everyone's input on what type of fan should go under the seat. I have seen bilge and radiator fans. Are there some that are working better than others? What is the largest fan I can fit under my seat without a lift :p? Does adding vents on the bench under your feet help pull air thru? Does the air get thrown onto the people in the backseat in the 1000-5? I am currently looking at an 8" fan on Amazon with 1700cfm.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would like to hear everyone's input on what type of fan should go under the seat. I have seen bilge and radiator fans. Are there some that are working better than others? What is the largest fan I can fit under my seat without a lift :p? Does adding vents on the bench under your feet help pull air thru? Does the air get thrown onto the people in the backseat in the 1000-5? I am currently looking at an 8" fan on Amazon with 1700cfm.
🤔....with out a lift? a small Cummins diesel radiator fan 😂😂😂

I have a 3" bilge fan aimed at the exhaust and it blows the hot air out the rear passenger tire area. I ride down here in FL and between the homemade heat shield and fan we can definitely tell a difference. That being said, I've never actually tested actual temps or anything like that. I can just tell after a few minutes of turning it on (especially after sitting for a while) it feels better.

Hope that helps 👍

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did the same 3" fan and have the same results. The biggest place I noticed it helping was steep slow climbs. There is less heat soak of the seat area on the passenger side.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
fwiw: Since we're talking about fans, sometime ago I read here that a 4" bilge fan flows considerably more air than a 3", almost twice if I remember correctly.
I wouldn't doubt it, when I did mine I just used what I had laying around in the garage.
20201113 204740

3" fan that I don't even remember why I had and some bracket that came with one of my wenches 🤷‍♂️. Helps enough for what it is, I wanted to duct in fresh air just haven't really worked up the need just yet.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
3” Bilge fan since 16’ in mine pointed right at the exhaust manifold. Helps gets rid of steam 100% and 80-90% of the heat. Keeps the ole ladys hole under her nose closed lol. Thats how i know its doing its job 👍

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the heat shield and vent lines from @Bayouownbeer

I like the way @Toolmaker67 did his fan

I thought the radiator fans would be more effective but it seems so far everyone is using bilge fans.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rad fan works great. Years back did a fully automated setup that would both heat or cool worked good for both. This is dash digital display with temp taken under seat at the front edge with fan. Can see it dropping quickly

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!