BOX1

Underseat Heat

MSPioneer1000

MSPioneer1000

May 31, 2019
Richland, Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What can i do to remove the heat from under the seat when I ride for any distance? Do any of you "snorkel" and add an inline fan to pull some of the heat out from under the seat?

Reactions: BWAF
B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
What can i do to remove the heat from under the seat when I ride for any distance? Do any of you "snorkel" and add an inline fan to pull some of the heat out from under the seat?

Boat engine compartment exhaust fan works good to get some of that heat out from under the seat.

I went a little more extreme and mounted a rad fan under mine and it moves lots of air and cools that compartment way better. Used a sealed not a vented fan cause we do lots of water and mud. Plus I have very few holes in my UHMW skip plate as we are in a lot of brush and rock and don’t want to catch on rock or give sticks an entry point. Water over dash is quite normal. Been there for 4 years now and only problem is if I go in deep water without turning it off, it blows the fuse. Guess the water creates a little more drag than air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Boat engine compartment exhaust fan works good to get some of that heat out from under the seat.

I went a little more extreme and mounted a rad fan under mine and it moves lots of air and cools that compartment way better. Used a sealed not a vented fan cause we do lots of water and mud. Plus I have very few holes in my UHMW skip plate as we are in a lot of brush and rock and don’t want to catch on rock or give sticks an entry point. Water over dash is quite normal. Been there for 4 years now and only problem is if I go in deep water without turning it off, it blows the fuse. Guess the water creates a little more drag than air.

what do you mean "Used a sealed not a vented fan...." I'm guessing a 7 or 8 inch rad fan?

T

TheHammerhead

Dec 1, 2018
Peoria
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed 2-4” bilge blower fans under the seat blowing backwards. Couple of 2-1/2” holes through the bulkhead below seat allow better air movement. I live and ride in Az in 100 degree temps and this makes it comfortable. When time permits I will add under seat aluminum foil pad to reflect heat away from seat. Fans on Amazon like 20 bucks each. Make sure you use a relay with you’re switch.

Reactions: DanDan
B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
what do you mean "Used a sealed not a vented fan...." I'm guessing a 7 or 8 inch rad fan?

It’s about a 10” fan. It’s sealed unlike the fan on the radiator which is vented. Has an 1/8 vent line. I didn’t extend mine when I snorkeled the unit and ended up changing it then extended the vent line up to the roof.

Reactions: DanDan
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!