UNOFFICIAL 2020 Silverton CO ride starter

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm starting this to get some feedback to see about a Silverton Colorado trip for summer 2020. We are going for our fifth year and have some friends who are wanting to go with us and are needing a tentative date. Two of three couples have kids that are in school and may push us (if THEY go) back into mid August. If they can't, we will be going either last week in August of second in September, One couple that has no kids, have to schedule their vacation a year out and are asking us for a date. My group is going to have a meeting soon to try and work out details and see who can go and when.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I'm starting this to get some feedback to see about a Silverton Colorado trip for summer 2020. We are going for our fifth year and have some friends who are wanting to go with us and are needing a tentative date. Two of three couples have kids that are in school and may push us (if THEY go) back into mid August. If they can't, we will be going either last week in August of second in September, One couple that has no kids, have to schedule their vacation a year out and are asking us for a date. My group is going to have a meeting soon to try and work out details and see who can go and when.
I’m in.........:cool:

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Colorado left me breathless. I think I may like to join this expedition into the frothing wilds.
DDF9ACAB DAB2 462F 9BC0 31960879B83D

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hummmm... I might consider this with the kids. Or maybe we’ll just go to Moab?
Moab in the winter is like discovering a new dinosaur under a rock in your backyard that you end up naming Balthazar the Beast of Ballsackian Divination....

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
We might be interested in dragging the Talon to this one. If so, we'd have to find accommodations in Lake City or Silverton, as we're not camper/RV equipped. Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Steve

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Moab in the winter is like discovering a new dinosaur under a rock in your backyard that you end up naming Balthazar the Beast of Ballsackian Divination....
Oh that’s right, you just spent some time in Colorado. :D:D:D

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We might be interested in dragging the Talon to this one. If so, we'd have to find accommodations in Lake City or Silverton, as we're not camper/RV equipped. Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Steve
Silverton is the place to be. Daily commute from Lake City will be about 20 miles just to Animas Forks via Cinnamon. My wife finds our rentals on VRBO.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Silverton is the place to be. Daily commute from Lake City will be about 20 miles just to Animas Forks via Cinnamon. My wife finds our rentals on VRBO.
I assume you’re going to let this thread lay for a while to check interest and feedback and then at some point set a date and start the planing?????

Reactions: Dp5hunter
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I assume you’re going to let this thread lay for a while to check interest and feedback and then at some point set a date and start the planing?????
Oh man, don't put kinda responsibility on me:eek:!
Just found out we are down to one kidless couple that can go whenever but she has to put her hard date vacation notice in by the first of November. As such, I have set our date as going August 31(Monday) -September 4 (Friday) (8/31-9/4) 2020. That will be the week before Labor Day and the zoo. Wife and I are already looking at booking the White Wolf Lodge in Silverton.
Let's get the snowball rolling! If this works for club members, start an official planning post if needed.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Oh man, don't put kinda responsibility on me:eek:!
Just found out we are down to one kidless couple that can go whenever but she has to put her hard date vacation notice in by the first of November. As such, I have set our date as going August 31(Monday) -September 4 (Friday) (8/31-9/4) 2020. That will be the week before Labor Day and the zoo. Wife and I are already looking at booking the White Wolf Lodge in Silverton.
Let's get the snowball rolling! If this works for club members, start an official planning post if needed.
Lol, it’s your baby Tex, run with it and let the planning begin....:D

E

Ed_Dyer

Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2018
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Steve
There's a motel in the middle of Silverton, maybe called the Triangle (?), but I've haven't found their parking lot to size it up.
At the southwest end of Silverton, near the highway, is the Red Mountain Motel RV Park. Their "motel rooms" are furnished and serviced more like a cabin, so some utensils provided, and service not. They might have heat, but you may need to go outside to find the gas valve, and then figure out lighting the pilot yourself. Not a problem if you like it cold for sleeping, the walls are un-insulated masonry. In the room we stayed in (#1), the gas heater apparently vented into the room. But they do (barely) have parking for your vehicle, trailer, and 4-wheeler.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!