BOX1

Unsatisfactory service

Status
Not open for further replies.
duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
So I was finally due for first service and decided to let my dealer complete this service. First off there is a sign that says 35.00 dollar fee to clean bikes brought for service that are to dirty to service due to the safety of the tech. I get that so I take mine in very clean. Remember my second sentence! So dealer says bike will be ready in four hours and that he will call when ready. Guess what, huh no call. Four and a half hours later I call to see if ready. Yes so I go pick it up, 69.00 per hour labor, no problem misc expense for oil, parts and ect.ect. No problem 291.00 no problem. Service advisor drives it out and onto trailer, I say thanks a lot and commence to strapping bike down. While do this I happen to look under mid section of bike and skid plate and there's a puddle of oil and a large puddle of oil. So I go back and get service advisor to see and explain. He says" because of the skid plate and time is money the tech just didnt do a good job" he then offered to take it back in and have tech clean it better. Mind you I had it completely strapped down. Then I ask where is all the oil from " oh we drained front and rear final oil and replaced oil" I'm thinking why, that is not part of first service they were suppose to check fluids there. But I don't argue this small point. The part that sticks in my crawl is " time is money" yea! *sswipe I agreed to pay your price no question you take all the time you need do a good job and I pay the bill no question or problem. Now you give me back my ten grand machine with puddles of oil because your tech did a crappy job and you tell me time is money. I Know ~sswipe I payed the fricking bill.
Sorry for the rant but I know Honda reads here and they need to reel in these as swipe dealerships. I love my Honda and plan to keep it till death and wouldnt do a even trade for ten different manufacturers crap. There is only one dealership close to me and they will never see one more red cent from me. The sad part is I can afford to take it for service every time but now I won't. Remember my second sentence, they give back my machine that is now an environmental hazard because the tech and service advisor are just to sorry to do their jobs. Thanks Honda

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
duwops said:
So I was finally due for first service and decided to let my dealer complete this service. First off there is a sign that says 35.00 dollar fee to clean bikes brought for service that are to dirty to service due to the safety of the tech. I get that so I take mine in very clean. Remember my second sentence! So dealer says bike will be ready in four hours and that he will call when ready. Guess what, huh no call. Four and a half hours later I call to see if ready. Yes so I go pick it up, 69.00 per hour labor, no problem misc expense for oil, parts and ect.ect. No problem 291.00 no problem. Service advisor drives it out and onto trailer, I say thanks a lot and commence to strapping bike down. While do this I happen to look under mid section of bike and skid plate and there's a puddle of oil and a large puddle of oil. So I go back and get service advisor to see and explain. He says" because of the skid plate and time is money the tech just didnt do a good job" he then offered to take it back in and have tech clean it better. Mind you I had it completely strapped down. Then I ask where is all the oil from " oh we drained front and rear final oil and replaced oil" I'm thinking why, that is not part of first service they were suppose to check fluids there. But I don't argue this small point. The part that sticks in my crawl is " time is money" yea! *sswipe I agreed to pay your price no question you take all the time you need do a good job and I pay the bill no question or problem. Now you give me back my ten grand machine with puddles of oil because your tech did a crappy job and you tell me time is money. I Know ~sswipe I payed the fricking bill.
Sorry for the rant but I know Honda reads here and they need to reel in these as swipe dealerships. I love my Honda and plan to keep it till death and wouldnt do a even trade for ten different manufacturers crap. There is only one dealership close to me and they will never see one more red cent from me. The sad part is I can afford to take it for service every time but now I won't. Remember my second sentence, they give back my machine that is now an environmental hazard because the tech and service advisor are just to sorry to do their jobs. Thanks Honda

They charged you $291 for the first service? That's ridiculous. When I took mine They charge $99. Don't blame Honda because that's all the Dealer on that one. I used to be a service tech for Honda I loved it but it didn't pay very good.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I don't care about the cost! It was his crass attitude about the mess they left for me. They did the work and I knew per hour rate up front, I just expected to get my rig back as clean as I gave it to them. It runs smoother and quieter and for that I'm happy. Yes you are right it's all on the independent dealer but Honda should have some say as to how the dealers treat Hondas customers.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
You'll actually be getting a survey in the mail soon from Honda.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry to hear that is what they did to you, They got you good! My first service was only 88.00.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
yea that sucks big time you should have told them you were a ride of the month winner and you deserve top notch work my first service was 32.00 I did it myself

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
kyhunter said:
You'll actually be getting a survey in the mail soon from Honda.

Service survey? I got a survey a while back and returned that one. I hope they send a service survey.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I got a service survey a couple days after I had mine done.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$291? That's cheap I was told $450+, I obtained the Helms service manual and it took me a little over an hour and @$50 in fluids and parts.

R

Rosh P2

Mar 3, 2014
N/W Ohio
My dealer told me when mine is due it would be 160.00 that includes setting the valves, oil, filter and checking everything out .

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I will say it again, I could care less the cost. I got my rig back with puddles of oil underneath and oily hand prints everywhere.

I'm glad all of you fellas could service your own machine for less money and limited amounts of time/ labor.
I am physically handicapped and felt it was better to pay a dealership to service it no matter the cost, but expected to get it back as clean if not cleaner than I gave it to them.

Now let's kill this thread enough said. Thank you for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!