BOX1

P500 UTV 801 Windshield: Clamp Fix/Upgrade

N

NeHunter13

Jan 3, 2022
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 520
Here is a quick, cheap little upgrade I did to the UTV 801 glass windshield.

The clamps that come with it just cant get tight enough (due to design) to keep it from rattling around like crazy on rough roads. I spent 4 days in the mountains and that was enough to rub the paint off the roll cage at each clamp location.

Original Clamp:

Paint rub at clamp locations:

So I found some Tusk aluminum clamps on RMATV that I thought might work.

Now these don't fit the cage on the 500/520 perfectly so I had to find some rubber that was slightly bigger than what came with it to get it good and tight. What I found was actually a replacement vacuum cleaner belt at my local ACE hardware. It fit the bill perfectly!

I used loctite on all the hardware and this should be a good solution/upgrade to a already great glass windshield. I also used a small neopreme washer to isolate the windshield from the clamp a little so it doesn't vibrate or rattle.

Finished product:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here is a quick, cheap little upgrade I did to the UTV 801 glass windshield.

The clamps that come with it just cant get tight enough (due to design) to keep it from rattling around like crazy on rough roads. I spent 4 days in the mountains and that was enough to rub the paint off the roll cage at each clamp location.

Original Clamp:
View attachment 367701

Paint rub at clamp locations:
View attachment 367702

So I found some Tusk aluminum clamps on RMATV that I thought might work.
View attachment 367703
View attachment 367704

Now these don't fit the cage on the 500/520 perfectly so I had to find some rubber that was slightly bigger than what came with it to get it good and tight. What I found was actually a replacement vacuum cleaner belt at my local ACE hardware. It fit the bill perfectly!
View attachment 367705

I used loctite on all the hardware and this should be a good solution/upgrade to a already great glass windshield. I also used a small neopreme washer to isolate the windshield from the clamp a little so it doesn't vibrate or rattle.

Finished product:
View attachment 367706
How does it sound?

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Looks like a really good fix.

Rob

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!