Multi UTV Hydraulic Power Units and Attachments

X

XEPOBO

FIrst time poster, long time reader.. In the market for 2018 P700-4 (ready to pull the trigger, finalizing research).

I plan on using my new toy mainly for property work and upkeep (at least that's what I am telling my wife) and some fun with my kids (3 boys).. :)

I am researching various attachments that I can use on P700-4. I am planning on getting tracks (winter and summer use is mandatory) and need to plow snow, brush clean snow off our lake (to set up an ice skating ring), possibly snowblower attachment, cut grass and split logs.

I believe a portable Hydraulic Power Unit would be the most versatile option for me (counter balance weight in the back as well for plowing). I tried reaching out to PromanPTO systems with no answer. Now looking at Erskine attachment system but their power unit a bit overpriced IMO (8k or so for just power unit). I was wondering if i can get another portable power unit and use it with their attachments OR is there another, better, option that I am not considering yet for my use cases.

Thank you all for your help and look forward to contributing to this forum once I get my new Honda..

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for finally joining the forum.
Have you ruled out a self contained system?
I don't see why you couldn't mount an engine and pump on a skid and place it in the back of your machine. Run some lines to a valve mounted in the cab, and run lines to the front and rear of the machine.
Think portable hydraulic log splitter setup.

Reactions: XEPOBO
X

XEPOBO

Thanks for finally joining the forum.
Have you ruled out a self contained system?
I don't see why you couldn't mount an engine and pump on a skid and place it in the back of your machine. Run some lines to a valve mounted in the cab, and run lines to the front and rear of the machine.
Think portable hydraulic log splitter setup.

Thank you Neohio for your quick reply. I am new to both UTVs and Hydraulics so please excuse my ignorance in advance.. :(

From what I understand the Erksine system is a self contained system that you load up in the back of my machine. Since I am new to Hydraulics I am trying to see if a cheaper (less powerful) unit will be sufficient for the attachments they offer (something like this for example).. When selecting a power unit for a particular attachments what do I have to match: pressure, gallons/minute flow rate, etc? I see some honda powered units on ebay as well that are way more affordable as well, can I use them with Erksine attachments?

Thank you in advance for your answers. Has anyone tried this set up on any UTVs? Pros/Cons with going hydraulic route?

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here is my 2 cents and you can take it for what it’s worth. Don’t try to make a SxS something it’s not. If you need a tractor get a tractor. Personally I like to pull my log splitter behind the SxS to the site. I split and stack the bed full, then pull the splitter back to the house behind my SxS full of wood. I have no use for a snow blower but plan to get a blade next year. I use my SxS all the time on my property, and I understand it’s limitations.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!