P500 UTV snowblower attachment

S

Steven1968

Oct 2, 2018
Syracuse, New York
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all, been lurking around this site for some time but never posted yet. I have taken many ideas from here, thanks. I currently own a 2015 P500 and live in Central New York, we get our fair share of snow. I have a manual plow on it right now but have been looking at those self contained UTV Snow blower attachments. I'm interested if anyone has opinions on them good or bad. I like the plow but I think a snow blower attachment would be much better way to clear the snow. After the first significant snowfall the snowbanks freeze up and unless you have a lot of weight theres no way your going to push that snow any further.

Thanks for any feedback

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the site @Steven1968 . Here’s one thread I recall.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all, been lurking around this site for some time but never posted yet. I have taken many ideas from here, thanks. I currently own a 2015 P500 and live in Central New York, we get our fair share of snow. I have a manual plow on it right now but have been looking at those self contained UTV Snow blower attachments. I'm interested if anyone has opinions on them good or bad. I like the plow but I think a snow blower attachment would be much better way to clear the snow. After the first significant snowfall the snowbanks freeze up and unless you have a lot of weight theres no way your going to push that snow any further.

Thanks for any feedback

Kinda funny you brought this up. I was staring out the window yesterday at two neighbors snow blowing. I have a lot to shovel besides the plowing so I was paying attention, noticed one guy had his on the deck. Won't that cause damage? Maybe not, I have no clue, never used one but I did see the beauty in it. I have banks 2' high all the way down the driveway and yes this late in the season, it is old crusty sh** that doesn't want to move. I also have 6' high banks around the parking area, just running out of room. I'm not thinking about the attachment as much as a portable one but again don't know anything about them. I'd want one light enough to lift around yet have enough ass to get it done. Is there such a thing?

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Kinda funny you brought this up. I was staring out the window yesterday at two neighbors snow blowing. I have a lot to shovel besides the plowing so I was paying attention, noticed one guy had his on the deck. Won't that cause damage? Maybe not, I have no clue, never used one but I did see the beauty in it. I have banks 2' high all the way down the driveway and yes this late in the season, it is old crusty sh** that doesn't want to move. I also have 6' high banks around the parking area, just running out of room. I'm not thinking about the attachment as much as a portable one but again don't know anything about them. I'd want one light enough to lift around yet have enough ass to get it done. Is there such a thing?
My stepfather is a Toro dealer and sells a boatload of these things. People seem to love them. One guy can pick one up without too much effort.

I've also heard some surprisingly good things about the E-Go battery operated ones that Lowes and other box stores sell.

Screenshot 20210217 221041 Chrome

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Single stage snow thrower . . . no thanks. No good unless perfect powder.

A real snow blower . . . useful for deep and/or compacted stuff.

An attachment . . . had no idea of such a thing.

Last edited:
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My stepfather is a Toro dealer and sells a boatload of these things. People seem to love them. One guy can pick one up without too much effort.

I've also heard some surprisingly good things about the E-Go battery operated ones that Lowes and other box stores sell.

View attachment 255677

I'll be looking into these for next winter.

Reactions: rtn001
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah stay away from the single stage jobbers....they are ok for the light snow but are a pia with moderately heavy snow.

IMO the utv snowblower attachments are bulky and cumbersome, and expensive.

Purchasing a walk behind would be much more economical and keeping your existing plow.

If you don’t push your piles of snow back far enough for the first storm, you’ll run out of space quickly.

I push mine all the way across the yard as far as I can in a direction I know will not cause drifting on my driveway (all to one side).

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah stay away from the single stage jobbers....they are ok for the light snow but are a pia with moderately heavy snow.

IMO the utv snowblower attachments are bulky and cumbersome, and expensive.

Purchasing a walk behind would be much more economical and keeping your existing plow.

If you don’t push your piles of snow back far enough for the first storm, you’ll run out of space quickly.

I push mine all the way across the yard as far as I can in a direction I know will not cause drifting on my driveway (all to one side).

Yeah, I knew that going in and pushed them back what I thought was far enough. Built a fence last year too that limited my snow storage in that direction. I'll be pushing those piles back even further next year.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my snowblower the night I bought it a couple of years ago...

This is the stock image off the Honda power equipment site...

You're certainly not going to lift it up, but it will climb my ramps into the bed of my truck with no effort at all. I can throw snow somewhere in the 40-50 feet range with it if I had to guess. Can tilt the machine down to clear the sidewalk perfectly clean and then tilt it back up to clear the gravel drive and leave it a trace to 1/2" of snow without throwing the gravel. It's no physical effort to the operator to run. My wife has used it when I was out of town. It isn't cheap, but it is a beast and buy once cry once purchase.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
The best small blower that's luggable up onto decks and and walkways was sold under a few brandnames. It's a 5hp 22" single speed gear drive, two stage, with pneumatic tires. Used commercially ( I have one at home too) it's pretty durable. Newer ones are OHV. The older motors can swapped to a 7hp ( I'll hotrod anything). Cutting edge never wounded decking (mine's 900sqft). Done whole driveways in a pinch with no problem and I was in a big snow area. I have Woods 52" on the back of my tractor so I really don't need a bigger unit but also don't need 14 forward and 9 reverse speeds either!! A quality paddle drive unit ( I had a Simplicity) beats the h*** out of the alternative, a SHOVEL!!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This is my snowblower the night I bought it a couple of years ago...
View attachment 255739

This is the stock image off the Honda power equipment site...
View attachment 255741

You're certainly not going to lift it up, but it will climb my ramps into the bed of my truck with no effort at all. I can throw snow somewhere in the 40-50 feet range with it if I had to guess. Can tilt the machine down to clear the sidewalk perfectly clean and then tilt it back up to clear the gravel drive and leave it a trace to 1/2" of snow without throwing the gravel. It's no physical effort to the operator to run. My wife has used it when I was out of town. It isn't cheap, but it is a beast and buy once cry once purchase.

It has tracks, that's BA!

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I looked into the snow blower attachments for UTVs two years ago. The brand Massimo caught my eye. I didn't have the money to get the unit at the time however a friend of mine did get it for his P1000. They sent it with a universal mount which he had to modify significantly to get it to mount up. He used it a few times before the problems started to happen. It has an electric motor and remote allowing the driver to adjust the direction of the chute from inside the cab. It froze up and wouldn't adjust to the right during the 4th use. It is very difficult to start and he says looking back he wouldn't do it again since it has it's own engine and battery creating one more piece of equipment to maintain. I have heard more bad reviews on the Massimo unit than good. I have another friend who purchased an Erskine snow blower attachment for his P500 and it has worked awesome for him. I have witnessed it in use and am very jealous of it. They are VERY expensive though and he justified the purchase as he uses it for his property maintenance company. There are several other brands out there which are a little more easy on the wallet and worth investigating in my opinion.

R

rickoshea

i had a snow thrower attachment for my craftsman riding mower.i found it to be a royal pain to swap the deck for the blower,but it did work well.i ended up selling the attachment and buying a big craftsman 2 stage walk behind blower.if you have a ride on mower it may be worth looking into.

Reactions: rtn001 and Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I knew that going in and pushed them back what I thought was far enough. Built a fence last year too that limited my snow storage in that direction. I'll be pushing those piles back even further next year.
Is your fence such that you could open some sections for snow piles?

Reactions: rtn001
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A year before I moved back to the country, I purchased this Troy bilt storm 3090xp 3 stage blower. It is a snowblowing beast...absolutely moves the white stuff regardless of density.

I purchased the plow for my UTV and have used this blower exactly 0 times in the past two years. The plow is so much faster and much more fun. I love listening to the radio and clearing the yard in my heated cab.

A couple times last year I windrowed the snow with my plow into a big row and then hit the row with my tractor mounted snowblower.

My walk behind is for sale btw 😃

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is your fence such that you could open some sections for snow piles?

No, I wish though. I actually thought about the trouble it would cause when I was building it but if you ever met my neighbors, it was still worth it. I've watched them empty all the trash out of their car into the driveway and leave it.
This is what I have going right now. You can see some of the fence behind it. Pushed it back on the other side a good 5' with the first snow, guess it still wasn't enough. I've had the front end of the P5 climbing these trying to push snow over the top.

Snow
Snow 1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!