P700 utv trailer

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
ok so iv been thinking about building a trailer to pull behind my sxs for a while now. just couldnt figure out exactly what i wanted. until now. i want something thats not gonna hang up if going through a rut but also has a little suspension. with upcoming Take Over coming up and now i have some spare rear bearing since the portal upgrade.plan on basically rebuilding a pioneer rear suspension setup but about 6 inches wider as the axle set up for the trailer. so here is a list of things im looking for.

1. rear shocks from a 700 i know a few guys have upgraded to the 1000 shocks and the commander shocks

2. rear axle outer piece. if someone has broken a rear axle and still has the outer piece id like to get that. only really need the outer cup with shaft splines dont have to be good. just need the threads good

3. if anyone has wore out a hub id gladly take that off your hands.

if anyone has any of these things laying around that are going to the Take Over. id appreciate if you could bring them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
ok so iv been thinking about building a trailer to pull behind my sxs for a while now. just couldnt figure out exactly what i wanted. until now. i want something thats not gonna hang up if going through a rut but also has a little suspension. with upcoming Take Over coming up and now i have some spare rear bearing since the portal upgrade.plan on basically rebuilding a pioneer rear suspension setup but about 6 inches wider as the axle set up for the trailer. so here is a list of things im looking for.

1. rear shocks from a 700 i know a few guys have upgraded to the 1000 shocks and the commander shocks

2. rear axle outer piece. if someone has broken a rear axle and still has the outer piece id like to get that. only really need the outer cup with shaft splines dont have to be good. just need the threads good

if anyone has any of these things laying around that are going to the Take Over. id appreciate if you could bring them.

What are you planning to haul on this trailer?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
What are you planning to haul on this trailer?
miscellaneous stuff. from camping gear and firewood. to broke down four wheelers.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I might can come up with a Polaris axle and maybe a Kawasaki If I still have them. It's been awhile but I will check when I come back home.

Reactions: L2R
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I might can come up with a Polaris axle and maybe a Kawasaki If I still have them. It's been awhile but I will check when I come back home.
im not sure if those will work. i have some spare honda steel rims so im trying to go that route.

Reactions: Backwoods
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alan,

I have thought about a trailer a time or two but now that you post this, I need to go look at my old piggybacker I used to pull on my Goldwing. It has independent suspension but not sure about wheel bolt pattern. My oem front wheels/tires would just aout be perfect if that would bolt up. Past that, it could be modified for whatever wanted.
Upload 2019 12 22 13 39 33

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
im not sure if those will work. i have some spare honda steel rims so im trying to go that route.

I don't blame you nothing Polaris ever held up for me. It would probably make your trailer breakdown.

• Haha
Reactions: GreatNorth and CID
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't blame you nothing Polaris ever held up for me. It would probably make your trailer breakdown.
. im just not sure if the shaft lengths and cup spot would match the honda bearing hole.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alan,

I have thought about a trailer a time or two but now that you post this, I need to go look at my old piggybacker I used to pull on my Goldwing. It has independent suspension but not sure about wheel bolt pattern. My oem front wheels/tires would just aout be perfect if that would bolt up. Past that, it could be modified for whatever wanted.
View attachment 171897
think taller. im thinking of the trailer being right around the same spot maybe a little shorter than the bed height on a stock 700.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

or somehow spontaneously combust.

I've been thinking about the same thing just to haul gear/food for kids when I’ve got 5 full seats.
I’ve got 1000 rims front rear factory shocks, steel and I have Jetski trailer hubs with adapters to 4/137. I just haven’t built it yet.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
gotta remember i can run over a 5 gallon bucket at speed and never touch it.

Reactions: CID and ChadD
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thats my problem i dont want an axle under it. if i did that id have to put 35s on it to come remotely close to the clearance i want.

I’m doing a trailing arm type suspension so it’ll roll/slide over everything.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m doing a trailing arm type suspension so it’ll roll/slide over everything.
yeah seen that type. still debating on how im going to set up the suspension. just know im going to use the rear bearings

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah seen that type. still debating on how im going to set up the suspension. just know im going to use the rear bearings

I looked at using rear suspension but DAMN was it pricey.

I had an old jetski trailer laying around I scrapped it and saved the hubs.

I need to clean them up put new bearings in and get to building.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I looked at using rear suspension but DAMN was it pricey.

I had an old jetski trailer laying around I scrapped it and saved the hubs.

I need to clean them up put new bearings in and get to building.
yeah i have everything except for the 3 parts i listed