P1000 Valve cover gasket and transmission issue.

Z

Zoomzoom

Dec 30, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have rebuilt my pioneer 1000. Spun a rod bearing. I can not for the life of me get the valve cover to seal. Keeps leaking oil. I bought a new valve cover gasket and it is doing the same thing. Any ideas before I rtv the hell out of it? Also, the transmission shifts with a loud clunk. I bought this machine knowing it needed to be rebuilt but all I have for a reference is my Maverick. Is that clunk on shifts normal?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So I have rebuilt my pioneer 1000. Spun a rod bearing. I can not for the life of me get the valve cover to seal. Keeps leaking oil. I bought a new valve cover gasket and it is doing the same thing. Any ideas before I rtv the hell out of it? Also, the transmission shifts with a loud clunk. I bought this machine knowing it needed to be rebuilt but all I have for a reference is my Maverick. Is that clunk on shifts normal?
Use gasket sealer it's probably warped the head or cover.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Exactly what @sporttrac4x4 said. You most likly have a warped head. A new gasket should solve your problem without any RTV unless your head is warped.

BTW. With all this extensive work your doing, havent seen ANY pics that this machine exists. We have no reason to belive that it does not. So for the love of all forum memebers…..
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! Bro! ;) 🤟

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!