P1000 Vent Lines

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the y's instead of the original t's, good move!
Yeah I like them better too. Unfortunately I have had to get some more original tees though. The y’s are slow to get out of China. But I do have more y’s coming.

Reactions: Smitty335
RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Staunton Va, & Okeechobee, FL.
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
When you are extending the vent lines is there a reason why most folks extend all the lines up to the top or wherever higher. I'm wondering why all the lines, fuel tank, sub trans, rear dif, flux can't all be run to t's down low then run just one 1/4" line up. To me it seems this would be an easier, cleaner way? Unless there is some mechanical reason why not to do it.
I was thinking the same thing Like a peatrap. make a dip then go high then turn it down the water can go up even it cools down its not going to pull that much. .
Im going to re run all of my lines this way when i get home from work and when i get a free day. I work on things that go 5k water depth and i always make a pea trap to make sure if any water ever gets in i never gets to the connector and short out.

Last edited:
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking the same thing Like a peatrap. make a dip then go high then turn it down the water can go up even it cools down its not going to pull that much. .
Im going to re run all of my lines this way when i get home from work and when i get a free day. I work on things that go 5k water depth and i always make a pea trap to make sure if any water ever gets in i never gets to the connector and short out.
Don’t connect your fuel together with anything. You will get fuel into your other components. You don’t want a low spot in the fuel for sure it will hold a pocket of fuel and possibly burp out the extension. You want it so if any fuel get in the extension it can easily gravity feed back to tank.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!