P1000 Product Update - Official Pioneer 1000 Clutch Update! Expires 9/2020

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machine is going in next week for the heat deal so after reading this i called the dealer to see if i could do the clutch upgrade while it was there. He basically said Honda is not doing this for all Pioneer owners - only the ones that are experiencing slipping -which I am not.

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machine is going in next week for the heat deal so after reading this i called the dealer to see if i could do the clutch upgrade while it was there. He basically said Honda is not doing this for all Pioneer owners - only the ones that are experiencing slipping -which I am not.
Print out the PDF on the first page of this thread. Bottom right of page 2. "Improvement Procedure"
We discussed this in another thread I believe.
This campaign does not include clutch replacement unless slipping.
This campaign is a new clutch cover, orifice, clutch guide, ball bearing. as well as some orings and gaskets.
The intent of this is to save your good clutches from potentially being burnt.
All you can do right now if your dealer does not want your warranty business is wait for the letter, and take it to another dealer. Or burn up your clutches, but I don't think that is worth doing just to get the upgrade kit.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The service bulletin says all 2016 and 2017 models my dealer said they would check to see if the clutches are slipping and if they are they would replace the clutches and do the upgrade at the same time if the clutches aren't slipping they just do the clutch up grade to get more oil to the clutches

Reactions: Landman and sharp
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
reading it again it does state - "vehicles affected by clutch slipping"

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
reading it again it does state - "vehicles affected by clutch slipping"
It does.

Tell them your riding style makes you scared you may overheat the clutches. Tell them you use it as a golf cart at your campground and are limited to driving at 5mph.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I will push back. I told him that we do long rides deep in the bush and I didn't want to wait to be stranded before it's fixed. He was sympathetic but said his hands were tied..

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure the "if the clutches are slipping" is in reference to the dealer needing to replace the clutches before adding the fix.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah I will push back. I told him that we do long rides deep in the bush and I didn't want to wait to be stranded before it's fixed. He was sympathetic but said his hands were tied..
Are you sureo_O The way I understand it you should be eligible!
IMG 1124

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here are the part #'s for those who want to tackle this on their own
  • Clutch Cover - 06113-HL4-305
  • Associated Service Parts - 06113-HL4-307
Honda allots 1.6 hours for the job completion.
Heck no, I paid for service, and I'm going to get it, come Hell or high water!

Reactions: utvmi and sharp
H

HondaTech

Techline is taking slipping clutch and new sales units as priority first. Everyone will be eligible eventually but for now (due to low inventory) they are fixing those two categories of units first.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just changes all the fluids a few weeks ago, I'm in the same boat as some of ya, I'm not having any problems and will wait, My thought are this is just a band aid for now and there will be another recall with more changes then just a different clutch cover. IMO

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Techline is taking slipping clutch and new sales units as priority first. Everyone will be eligible eventually but for now (due to low inventory) they are fixing those two categories of units first.
Yea I feel for the service techs, but???????

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Seems like a good source of REV for the dealers. Not sure why they wouldn't want do every last one of them..
I don't think Honda wants to take the revenue loss all at once. Anyways it's not to often a shop is filled with Hondas lol.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My dealer has been great! But Honda Motor corp, not so much.There are 3 updates out and the only way I found out them was from this site, REALLY?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't think Honda wants to take the revenue loss all at once. Anyways it's not to often a shop is filled with Hondas lol.
Or the dealers, I don't think Honda pays the actual time it takes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!