Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
As we all know, there are thousands of forums on the internet, but what you probably don't know is that 90% of them are owned by a handful of corporation run businesses, ONLY for the purpose of revenue generation. One of the heavy hitters is Verticalscope Inc. who currently owns HondaPioneerForums along with these other powersport sites --> VerticalScope.com

Recently, VerticalScope purchased a laundry list of forums from ForumFoundry, including PioneerForums and many others. With this new change, there will come an increased effort from VS to ensure their new assets provide a decent ROI. This will include many of their new "members" (READ: paid workers) posting to draw attention to their sites. Their job is to play a game with an irrelevant response so you will return to view another ad. Who has time for that?

The Honda SxS Club is currently committed to remain independently operated by actual, real world, Honda SxS Owners! Every Staff member, Admin, and Jr Mod has owned a Honda SxS, as will all future Mod's.

Yet, with this announcement, I must also look at implementing some changes to help offset the cost of operating the thriving community. I am currently exploring additional monetization options that will allow the site to become commercial, as well as provide funding to secure advertising through various channels. I wish to make a commitment now that member impact will be very limited and mostly geared towards guest access. All Supporting and Lifetime members will NOT be affected, nor ever have adverts, outside of supporting vendor post while under my control.

One thing that remains at the top of my list is the club members. I am committed to operating the best community I can for YOU! Without you, this community would not be what it is today. I know you will continue to support and help the Honda SxS Club grow for many years to come.

Thanks.
@Hondasxs

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Questions?
Post and I will be happy to answer.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
This place has been fantastic. I'm not super into social media, forum type stuff in general. But everyone here is super cool, and I've really learned a lot in the last few months. I'll be upgrading my membership for sure.

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
As we all know, there are thousands of forums on the internet, but what you probably don't know is that 90% of them are owned by a handful of corporation run businesses, ONLY for the purpose of revenue generation. One of the heavy hitters is Verticalscope Inc. who currently owns HondaPioneerForums along with these other powersport sites --> VerticalScope.com

Recently, VerticalScope purchased a laundry list of forums from ForumFoundry, including PioneerForums and many others. With this new change, there will come an increased effort from VS to ensure their new assets provide a decent ROI. This will include many of their new "members" (READ: paid workers) posting to draw attention to their sites. Their job is to play a game with an irrelevant response so you will return to view another ad. Who has time for that?

The Honda SxS Club is currently committed to remain independently operated by actual, real world, Honda SxS Owners! Every Staff member, Admin, and Jr Mod has owned a Honda SxS, as will all future Mod's.

Yet, with this announcement, I must also look at implementing some changes to help offset the cost of operating the thriving community. I am currently exploring additional monetization options that will allow the site to become commercial, as well as provide funding to secure advertising through various channels. I wish to make a commitment now that member impact will be very limited and mostly geared towards guest access. All Supporting and Lifetime members will NOT be affected, nor ever have adverts, outside of supporting vendor post while under my control.

One thing that remains at the top of my list is the club members. I am committed to operating the best community I can for YOU! Without you, this community would not be what it is today. I know you will continue to support and help the Honda SxS Club grow for many years to come.

Thanks.
@Hondasxs
Maybe they can be a supporter for the Pioneer take over 2017 what do you think Honda SXS

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Maybe they can be a supporter for the Pioneer take over 2017 what do you think Honda SXS
Na, There not going to support a channel they can't control.
That would also be like PepsiCo sponsoring an event hosted by Coke.
If the PioneerTakeover became big and went independent then.. maybe!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm in for a fundraiser to generate monies to support this site!
@Hondasxs, I know you put in a lot of your personal time to keep this site running.
I'm not a techy kind of guy but have no problem helping generate some capital.

Thanks for your dedication, Mike

Billrzman

Billrzman

Jun 1, 2016
Middleburg, Fl 32068
Ownership

1. 700-4

Thanks.
@Hondasxs
Appreciate that effort of keeping the individual drivers not vendors in the communication loop. I am not against dues that will help cover some costs. How about a trail ride database by zip code. A store link to buy logo items, a Calender link (maybe 3 months out) of upcoming rides, family or single events. I'm a newbie maybe already out there. Press on!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for all the support.

I just want to throw out there that I am not directly asking for financial funding from the members. Though there are channels set up to accept financial support it only encompasses a small fraction of the related cost to operate the site. The support I am speaking of is you coming to the site, checking out the vendors, telling your friends, talking about HondaSxS at your dealer, posting on FaceBook, and most important is creating new post as they come about. That is the life-giving support I am after.

As for @Billrzman's questions.
- RiderPlanet USA is a resource for you. I do hope to one day incorporate something like this into the site.
- An improved club store is on my short term roadmap.
We have a tee shirt link here HondaSxS.com Tee Shirt Shop
there is also a free stickers - http://hondasxs.com/forms/free-hondasxs-com-decal-request.1/respond
And an attempt at a club store here - Honda SxS Club Store! - Hats, Stickers, Decals and more!

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would be nice to see some more private gun manufacturers that make things for SxS's. It would be cool to buy Noveske or Aramalite T-shirts with the Honda SxS logo integrated.:) I'm already on here every day so I would be happy to increase my supporting members dues too.
I don't doubt this takes alot of work and cash to operate and I do appreciate what you and the moderators like Jackal and ohanacreek put into this group. I also think a well designed logo,.....one that so cool and "pops" printed on the right shirts would increase sales. I wonder if some of the big Cooler companies would integrate here. I know YETI is now big time but how about ORCA,(I just watched where they won an ice challenge)or some others. maybe they would screen print the new awesome Honda SxS logo on their cooler for us. If I am speaking outside my parameters i apologize. Just know i love this club.:D Wish I lived closer so we could have face to face meets with a cold one to brainstorm ideas with others.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hondasxs you have my support! Sorry I didn't read this post before today, but have upgraded my membership and ordered decals to support you and the Hondasxs club! I guess a person doesn't stop and think about everything that is necessary to make this site what it is...The Best Honda Forum anywhere! I'm all in!;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!