P500 Very loud clicking noise from front CV on new P500

Biffman

Biffman

Dec 18, 2017
Brighton Ontario (overlooking Lake Ontario)
Ownership

1. 500
I've had my 2017 P500 for maybe a month and so far I've really only used it for moving firewood and plowing the driveway.
But I notice that whenever I turn the wheel all the way to the right that there's a very loud clicking noise coming from the front right.
I'm guessing that this is the CV joint and I'm also assuming that this really should not be normal,especially on a brand new machine.
Anyone have any feedback on this?
Sure I can bring it back to the dealer to have it checked out, but because they're a fair drive away (and my Jetta is not too happy pulling the P500 and the trailer) I'd like to avoid that option if possible.
(I can fix most anything myself but whenever there's a warranty involved I'd like to take advantage of it if necessary).
Thoughts?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
No clicks here, 2017 P500

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey,
If its like a pop pop pop when turning... Its most likely a CV joint.
But check to make sure the wheel is not making contact with anything first. And, for Sh*ts and giggles, check the lug nuts and shaft nut.
If its still brand new, low miles, never been mudding, then take it in to the dealer and it should be covered.
But if not, its not too expensive.

Reactions: trigger and Biffman
Biffman

Biffman

Dec 18, 2017
Brighton Ontario (overlooking Lake Ontario)
Ownership

1. 500
Yes,it is most definitely like a "pop pop pop" and sounds exactly what a bad CV joint would sound like to me (with my limited experience with FWD cars).
Although I've never driven an SxS before I knew immediately upon hearing that sound that most likely something was not right here.
(And because I bought it with larger aftermarket tires installed, the first thing I checked was to make sure nothing was rubbing).

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking (or was ignorant about) anything.

I'm just bite the bullet and bring it back to the dealer.

Thanks!

Reactions: Mudder and Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!